Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane mosley: Misconception of Floyd's Power He hit as hard as canelo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Shane's titanium chin, all punches likely feel the same.

Comment

Floyd hit Mosley a lot more than Canelo did as well, punches do take its toll on a fighter the later the fight goes.

But I've always felt that Floyd's power is underrated and Canelo's power is overrated, Mosley's statement backs that up. As far as another common opponent, Floyd visibly hurt Cotto more in one of the early rounds than Canelo did through 12.

I don't think Conor will last 6.

Comment

I don't know if Floyd ever hit as hard a Canelo, a naturally much bigger man.

But Mosley is verifying one of boxing's best kept secrets: Mayweather hits very hard.

It isn't really hard to believe if you look at it logically.

Floyd's record is chock full of good to great punchers, all of whom at some point decided it wasn't a good idea to walk in and land those power punches...and there is only one real reason for that.

The reason why there aren't more KOs is that Floyd is a safety first guy who would rather cruise to a wide points W than risk coming out of his defensive shell for a KO that goes down the same in the record books.

But, that is against elite boxers who are usually still dangerous all fight.

McGregor will not be like those men. McGregor is not elite.

Moreover, Conor has NEVER been hit as much as he is going to be hit when he is in against Floyd.

Mayweather bats over 50% versus elite top 10 P4P opponents; against Conor, that will be higher.

And, if it reaches 8 rounds, Conor will be in new territory since MMA fights max out at 25 minutes.

So lets recap: Conor will be getting hit more than he has ever been hit, at a higher percentage than he has ever been hit, and is looking at doing that longer than he ever has had to. Now, throw in the fact that Floyd may hit him HARDER than he has ever been hit and CLEANER (more accurately) than he has ever been hit) and this is shaping up to be a slaughter.

This will make the Gatti fight look like a tactical chessmatch.

Comment

if floyd had no power, fighters would have walked through him. he has enough powr to keep fighters wary, if he was pillow fisted then fighters would have took more chances against him and opened up with there shots. that right hand of his always looks dangerous, if mcgregor takes that flush hes in trouble. i wouldnt be shocked if mayweather was classed as a power puncher in the ufc.

Comment

Floyd has always had pop, at least he did when he was in the lighter divisions, the problem is that he doesn't want to break his hands on other guy's heads.

Comment

I feel bad for shane. He sounds like hes slurring a bit and that ***** jin took over 50% of everything he ever earned.

Comment

Interesting what Mosley said about how boxers use all of their body to gain leverage on the shot which MMA fighters can't do because they need their legs to kick, check kicks, or even stuff takedowns.

I doubt Conor will have been hit harder than he will be by Mayweather and he'll probably realise that in less than 3 minutes - 40 years old or not.

Logically, we all know this should end in a stoppage somewhere after 5 for Mayweather. We're not casuals here.

Comment

When floyd lands a power shot on his chin connor's going to be seeing 3 mayweathers and wondering which one hit him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    Interesting what Mosley said about how boxers use all of their body to gain leverage on the shot which MMA fighters can't do because they need their legs to kick, check kicks, or even stuff takedowns.

I doubt Conor will have been hit harder than he will be by Mayweather and he'll probably realise that in less than 3 minutes - 40 years old or not.

Logically, we all know this should end in a stoppage somewhere after 5 for Mayweather. We're not casuals here.

Yep this. Mayweather has medium power by boxing standards. Conor has big power in MMA. Different stances and different techniques. Conor is not going to like getting hit by mayweather. Conor might start out aggressive but once he starts getting hit he is going to be hesitant to throw.

Conor and mma fans are going to be surprised when they find out mayweather punches harder than him.

Comment

That was baby canelo. Canelo's power only started to show since the floyd fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X