Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Racism Chased Amir Khan Out Of Britain?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    Hatton had the everyman appeal of being just like the vast majority of brits (likes a drink, likes a pie, **** at boxing lorlz)
    LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Projecting the recism of your own country onto other peoples' is grossly unrealistic.

This is key. Americans must think everyone else in the world is as obsessed with race as they are. Everyone who has any knowledge of Britain understands how rediculous this article is.

Let this thread die for ****s sake.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        I have had the oppportunity to live both in california (bay area), as a kid, and in england (surrey) from age 16 to now, I believe I have a pretty good perspective on this, better than most on here if not everyone.

My thoughts are that in the UK there is much more of an underlying racist attitude then california, or the west side of the US. I specify this area because you can't compare country to country because of the size difference and there are some seriously racist states in the US. The thing that the UK have got better at is the fact that it is not as "in your face" as it was 20 years ago, but trust me the general attitude is still there. Its embeded in the thinking, it is much better than other European countries, but that doesn't say that much.

In the US, in particular where I grew up it is so much more diverse in terms of how many different races are there, that racism is almost a non-issue. It is much more normal to see a non-caucasion person in a managerial role or a top end job, again I have to stress this is the western states. The demographics in England are much more simple, which in my opinion causes a "us and them" attitude all over the country.

Saying all of this I can completely see why khan would want to live in LA, anyone who believes that racism didn't play some part in his decision has got there head in the ****ing clouds, but taking that and boxing out of the equation, there is a better quality of life there, especially for a wealthy person like him, the main draw back for living in the US is the medical which would not be an issue for him or his family.
        ^^^ I agree with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by pyrovampx View Post
          For sure man Brits are really racist I took a trip to england and if you look on the walls you can eventually see go home p aki and **** like that. Brits treat brown peeps like ****. I'm not surprised khan wants to get out of here.

Brits don't respect or appreciate khan. They just think of him as a ****. They just see his fights to see him get knocked out. They wanna see him get knocked out. Ricky and Matthew hatton get lots of support but they're nothing compared to khan. I believe khan has the potential to be world class. He can't do that in a place with people who wanna see a **** get knocked out.
          Pacquioa knocked hattons ass out so bad but brits didn't say **** about it. Amir **** khan gets knocked out that's all they could talk about.
          You have never took a trip to 'England' you silly twat.

Unless you went to bloody Norwich or something but I doubt you've heard of Norwich.

Khan was popular here, very popular. Name a guy who sells out 15,000 seats consistantly in boxing?

You silly ****.

As a Londoner I don't consider race much. It isn't an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by eli porter View Post
            This is key. Americans must think everyone else in the world is as obsessed with race as they are. Everyone who has any knowledge of Britain understands how rediculous this article is.

Let this thread die for ****s sake.
            Again I have to stress that comparing the two is mutually exclusive. California in general is not obsessed with race at all, and is one of the least racist areas of the world I have ever visited. The article is innacurate, definitely. But there is some weight to the points made, just not a credible argument by the writer

Comment

Working...
            X