No announcement yet.

Gang dispute sparks deadliest U.S. prison riot in 25 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
    I'm a c/o here in the people's republic of California and can tell you 100% of the c/O's who are on duty have a radio, expandable baton, alarm, keys, and pepper spray at all times. Prison isn't a game homie. Not here in Cali it isn't.
    Yeah man I know, i meant most joints outside Ca state., you guys are heavily armed and well trained Peace Officers. I worked for Victorville Federal USP. Cali especially State Prisons are no joke. When inmates left State to do Fed time, it was like a sigh of relief for them. They hated having to go to state.
    Last edited by WarVeteranO01; 04-17-2018, 11:02 PM.

Comment

All seven inmates who were killed following an eight-hour prison riot in South Carolina have been identified, with authorities questioning how best to prevent similar violent scenes occurring inside jails.

Seventeen more inmates were seriously injured following the riot at the high-security Lee Correctional Institution in Bishopville, which was eventually brought under control just before 3 a.m. on Monday following “multiple inmate on inmate altercations” across three housing units.

All seven fatalities in the riot were the result of stabbings using homemade knives, according to Lee County coroner Larry Logan.

The incident was the deadliest riot to occur at a prison in the U.S. since nine inmates and one guard died in 1993 at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility in Lucasville, according to Steve Martin, a consultant who helps the federal government monitor prison systems, reports Reuters.

The South Carolina Department of Corrections has now confirmed the names of all seven inmates killed in the riot. The prisoners were between 24 and 44 years old and serving between 10 years and life for violent offenses.

South Carolina Inmates

Raymond Scott, 28, was serving 20 years for assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature and an additional weapons charge. According to The State, Scott shot a male clerk during a robbery while the clerk’s 5-year-old son was present.

Don't miss: New Mexico City Hits Trump With Law Making It Harder to Deport Undocumented Immigrants

Eddie Gaskins, 32, was serving 10 years for first-degree criminal domestic violence after threatening his ex-girlfriend with a shotgun after entering her home uninvited, reports the Berkley Observer.

Michael Milledge, 44, was sentenced to 25 years for trafficking crack cocaine, as well as other offenses, including assault and battery and possession of a firearm.

Joshua Jenkins, 33, was serving two concurrent 15-year sentences for attempted murder and voluntary manslaughter stemming from a 2011 incident in Berkeley County, as well as a two-year concurrent sentence for second-degree burglary. He was one of four men convicted following the death of Brittany Aigoro after a robbery at her home in St. Stephen, South Carolina.

Cornelius McClary, 33, was serving 25 years for first-degree burglary, battery, first-degree burglary, firearms provision and criminal conspiracy in Williamsburg County in 2011.

Damonte Rivera, 24, was serving life without parole for the 2012 murder of Alfonza Thomas following a home invasion in Georgetown, South Carolina.

Corey Scott, 38, was serving 22 years for aggravated assault and battery, kidnapping and armed robbery in McCormick and Florence counties. He also received an additional eight-year assault and battery charge sentence while in prison, which ran concurrently with his original sentence, reports The State.

“This was all about territory. This was about contraband, this was about cellphones,” Bryan Stirling, director of the state Department of Corrections, told reporters during a press conference in the wake of the riot. “These folks are fighting over real money and real territory while they are incarcerated.”

House Minority Leader Todd Rutherford described the deaths of the inmates as "simply unacceptable,” reports the State. He added that reform and funding in the judicial system is desperately needed in order to prevent another incident.

“We have way too many people in prison," Rutherford said. "When you have 30 inmates and 10 are the most violent and need supervision, (and) the rest are drug offenders, that corrections officer still has to oversee 30 people."

South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster urged cellphones to be jammed in prisons in order to prevent this sort of violence. It is thought that inmates were using contraband phones to alert others that fights were breaking out in other dorms.

"There are prisons around the country—state prisons, federal prisons—that would be safer with this jamming," McCaster said.

Democratic State Senator Gerald Malloy added: "It's an incredibly bad day in South Carolina," he told Associated Press. "We failed. That's it."

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        That's crazy. Do you work in a prison or a jail (like county where I did my hard time)

And do you get OC spray?
        Prison, yea I get OC spray.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

"There are prisons around the country—state prisons, federal prisons—that would be safer with this jamming," McCaster said.
          That's been discussed in the prison I work in. They really should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
            **** Pelican Bay and San Quentin who??

Sounds like a lil prison down south is rougher than the aforementioned notorious facilities, well damn.
            State sends **** heads to the FED, admax in Florence Colorado for reprogramming. It doesn’t work, it just makes a baller mad. Zero human contact, zero sun light, showers whenever CO”s find the time.......

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              All seven inmates who were killed following an eight-hour prison riot in South Carolina have been identified, with authorities questioning how best to prevent similar violent scenes occurring inside jails.

Seventeen more inmates were seriously injured following the riot at the high-security Lee Correctional Institution in Bishopville, which was eventually brought under control just before 3 a.m. on Monday following “multiple inmate on inmate altercations” across three housing units.

All seven fatalities in the riot were the result of stabbings using homemade knives, according to Lee County coroner Larry Logan.

The incident was the deadliest riot to occur at a prison in the U.S. since nine inmates and one guard died in 1993 at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility in Lucasville, according to Steve Martin, a consultant who helps the federal government monitor prison systems, reports Reuters.

The South Carolina Department of Corrections has now confirmed the names of all seven inmates killed in the riot. The prisoners were between 24 and 44 years old and serving between 10 years and life for violent offenses.

South Carolina Inmates

Raymond Scott, 28, was serving 20 years for assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature and an additional weapons charge. According to The State, Scott shot a male clerk during a robbery while the clerk’s 5-year-old son was present.

Don't miss: New Mexico City Hits Trump With Law Making It Harder to Deport Undocumented Immigrants

Eddie Gaskins, 32, was serving 10 years for first-degree criminal domestic violence after threatening his ex-girlfriend with a shotgun after entering her home uninvited, reports the Berkley Observer.

Michael Milledge, 44, was sentenced to 25 years for trafficking crack cocaine, as well as other offenses, including assault and battery and possession of a firearm.

Joshua Jenkins, 33, was serving two concurrent 15-year sentences for attempted murder and voluntary manslaughter stemming from a 2011 incident in Berkeley County, as well as a two-year concurrent sentence for second-degree burglary. He was one of four men convicted following the death of Brittany Aigoro after a robbery at her home in St. Stephen, South Carolina.

Cornelius McClary, 33, was serving 25 years for first-degree burglary, battery, first-degree burglary, firearms provision and criminal conspiracy in Williamsburg County in 2011.

Damonte Rivera, 24, was serving life without parole for the 2012 murder of Alfonza Thomas following a home invasion in Georgetown, South Carolina.

Corey Scott, 38, was serving 22 years for aggravated assault and battery, kidnapping and armed robbery in McCormick and Florence counties. He also received an additional eight-year assault and battery charge sentence while in prison, which ran concurrently with his original sentence, reports The State.

“This was all about territory. This was about contraband, this was about cellphones,” Bryan Stirling, director of the state Department of Corrections, told reporters during a press conference in the wake of the riot. “These folks are fighting over real money and real territory while they are incarcerated.”

House Minority Leader Todd Rutherford described the deaths of the inmates as "simply unacceptable,” reports the State. He added that reform and funding in the judicial system is desperately needed in order to prevent another incident.

“We have way too many people in prison," Rutherford said. "When you have 30 inmates and 10 are the most violent and need supervision, (and) the rest are drug offenders, that corrections officer still has to oversee 30 people."

South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster urged cellphones to be jammed in prisons in order to prevent this sort of violence. It is thought that inmates were using contraband phones to alert others that fights were breaking out in other dorms.

Democratic State Senator Gerald Malloy added: "It's an incredibly bad day in South Carolina," he told Associated Press. "We failed. That's it."
              I had putos in unicor making me steel! I popped a few yllantas myself, USP Lompoc. SIS capt. and other CO’s treated me with respect, and I respected them. I never let harm go their way.
              The CO’s in the shu, were firme(solid) the CO’s ad the AdMax were cool too. My beef is with the US Marshall service in Oklahoma. They roughed me up while shackled (black boxed) and cuffed. They were quick to four point a mo ****er for nothing. I didn’t run my mouth.. I tried to bled in, but when I was transferred it was black boxed all the way. They thought I had juice... nah homie... people with juice never ride beefs for others...
              Last edited by Zaroku; 04-18-2018, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                I had putos in unicor making me steel! I popped a few yllantas myself, use Lompoc
                All while yelling "Norte" I bet lol you're a trip Z

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                  All while yelling "Norte" I bet lol you're a trip Z
                  I am, but ****ing with CO’s is death. Don’t **** with innocent hard working people. I cross borders, SUR and NORTE. Leave CO’s outta bish azz ho politics. I left that **** behind... **** heads took up the slack/void. You’ve seen it chief, bish azz punks show up with lil to no tats and leave with sleeves of tats. I got zero tats, none. I wear my tats and pain on the inside. I wanna go back to close out property and **** I collected along the way...
                  I broke ranks with the NF, and Scraps. Ignorance is the beast I seek to tame.... I’m in way over my head.... I sometimes miss the security of the my cell in the SHU, a place where I felt protected by guards and the universe. Now... without all the attention.. off paper ... it’s time for me to shine brighter than the wattage allotted to me. I’d rather burn out than....... live a dimm life.

Btw, CO’s loved talking to me... we laughed and that was good enough for me. I smiled like a fool. I’d tell them if **** ever pops off, run, if you can’t, hit my cell and I’ll handle it.. mo ****ers knew... they just ****ing knew... not in my house, not on my watch... I got too many stories and too many CO fans.

Never mind, you get the point.
                  Last edited by Zaroku; 04-18-2018, 12:54 AM.

Comment

they were lucky i wasnt there, those numbers would have doubled.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                      I had putos in unicor making me steel! I popped a few yllantas myself, USP Lompoc. SIS capt. and other CO’s treated me with respect, and I respected them. I never let harm go their way.
                      The CO’s in the shu, were firme(solid) the CO’s ad the AdMax were cool too. My beef is with the US Marshall service in Oklahoma. They roughed me up while shackled (black boxed) and cuffed. They were quick to four point a mo ****er for nothing. I didn’t run my mouth.. I tried to bled in, but when I was transferred it was black boxed all the way. They thought I had juice... nah homie... people with juice never ride beefs for others...

they roughed you up because they knew you were a soft ass maricon

Comment

Working...
                      X