This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
    Squad for next season lads, just had it confirmed to me in a text from Jurgen.
    Honest opinions on the CL tie Roy?

I think you'll edge it at Anfield but we'll have a bit too much for you over the 2 legs. Won't be putting money on it like.

Fullbacks key to the tie. Can whoever plays RB for you keep Sane quiet for 180 mins? I'm aware of the Salah threat, not sure who out of Delph/Zinchenko/Danilo/Mendy(?) would play there to stop him. Delph went off after 10 mins of the league game at Anfield, feel like we would've been a lot more solid with him back there for the full game.

I say 5-3 City on agg. 4-1 at the Etihad.
    Last edited by El Fenomeno; 03-20-2018, 03:58 AM.

Comment

• Chelsea really should have bought Vardy. It was a no brainer.

He is the only striker in the league who can be effective with literally zero help. Conte would have loved him. He was fixated on the big man thing. Vardy reclaims so much bad ball it's incredible. He gets s lot of percentage passes, harries defenders, or just forced errors and he has that ****** stamina that just never goes down.

It is probably from playing footy for so many years in the lower league with bad players.

Chelsea, Spurs, or Arsenal really should have bought Vardy. I can't make a compelling argument for why any of them couldn't use him.

I'd still probably buy him in the summer even if he's 32, if they can't get an obvious world class striker but I'm not sure who that is. If we can't get Lewandowski which I doubt he'd join us with no CL and a host of better teams after him, just get Vardy.

Chelsea's summer depends on what happens with Hazard.

We need to sell him before the World Cup though. He won't do anything at the World Cup. Too big of an event. Too many people care about it. He can't perform under those conditions.

Really, I can't believe he really wants to leave Chelsea for Real Madrid I'll believe it when I see it. PSG...maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
        Honest opinions on the CL tie Roy?

I think you'll edge it at Anfield but we'll have a bit too much for you over the 2 legs. Won't be putting money on it like.

Fullbacks key to the tie. Can whoever plays RB for you keep Sane quiet for 180 mins? I'm aware of the Salah threat, not sure who out of Delph/Zinchenko/Danilo/Mendy(?) would play there to stop him. Delph went off after 10 mins of the league game at Anfield, feel like we would've been a lot more solid with him back there for the full game.

I say 5-3 City on agg. 4-1 at the Etihad.
        Do u get the feeling Liverpool was one of the hardest ties for City? I reckon City would have the beating of Barca/Madrid fairly easy atm

Comment

• Barcelona are ordinary.

If Chelsea were even slightly better they'd beat them. Willian glided through their midfield like nothing. He must have done it about 6/7 times over 2 legs.

Iniesta is past his prime, and even Rakitic and Biscuits don't really have the legs.

It's a shame Messi turned up otherwise I actually think they are similar quality sides. 4-1 over two legs is a bizarre score based on the balance of both legs.

I'm not convinced Barca will even beat Roma.

I give Liverpool a great shot of beating Man City. They're the only side that actually played on the front foot against them even when they got smashed 5 nil.

This current Chelsea team could honestly play City 100 times and lose every single time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
            Do u get the feeling Liverpool was one of the hardest ties for City? I reckon City would have the beating of Barca/Madrid fairly easy atm
            No idea.

Sevilla/Roma were the 2 everyone wanted.

Juve I feel like if Spurs could create a few chances against them then City would've put a few past them.

Hard to say what would/will happen for City against Barca/Bayern/Madrid until we actually play them I think. They're different beasts in knockout football too, I doubt Spurs would beat R.Madrid in a knockout tie.

I give City about a 65% chance of doing Liverpool over 2 legs though. A one-off game I would've said 55-60%. I'd be amazed if we have another daft 10 min spell where we collapse like last time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              Barcelona are ordinary.

If Chelsea were even slightly better they'd beat them. Willian glided through their midfield like nothing. He must have done it about 6/7 times over 2 legs.

Iniesta is past his prime, and even Rakitic and Biscuits don't really have the legs.

It's a shame Messi turned up otherwise I actually think they are similar quality sides. 4-1 over two legs is a bizarre score based on the balance of both legs.

I'm not convinced Barca will even beat Roma.

I give Liverpool a great shot of beating Man City. They're the only side that actually played on the front foot against them even when they got smashed 5 nil.

This current Chelsea team could honestly play City 100 times and lose every single time.
              Barca didn't really turn up in either game though (Messi aside) and they still won pretty handily. Don't think that tie is a great barometer for the quality of that Barca team, they're unbeaten in like 30 league games.

I think it'd be fascinating to see how it would play out if we faced Barca. Who gets the ball?

Comment

• Bayern Munich under Jupp seem like a different animal.

His record there must absolutely insane

Comment

• Didn't Jupp also get them to the final when Chelsea won also? he left after winning the treble.. shame that Pep slowed down that side.. Robben and Ribery were scary

I think on paper/form City is the team to beat currently.. but i said that about PSG going into the last round.. Fenemno is right the likes of Madrid/Barca and co are so used to CL knockout stages.. experience will push them over the line more often then not.. perhaps nerves will get too city like they seem to PSG

I wasn't impressed by Barca.. but saying that no team has looked that great outside of City/PSG to me.. i haven't watched Bayern much though

Speaking of which Ancelotti is unemployed atm after Bayern? The guy even had Chelsea playing good football (100goals + in one season).. I wouldn't mind him if he's planning to stick around in football for 3-5 years

Comment

• Let's go Man City!

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                      Barca didn't really turn up in either game though (Messi aside) and they still won pretty handily. Don't think that tie is a great barometer for the quality of that Barca team, they're unbeaten in like 30 league games.

I think it'd be fascinating to see how it would play out if we faced Barca. Who gets the ball?
                      The early goal I suppose gave them something to protect.

I think that was their first win against Chelsea in 9 attempts.

I don't see how their midfield would cope with someone driving at them. They basically couldn't handle Willian.

I like Willian but there must be about 8-10 players in his position who are better than him at everything.

Bayern Munich I'm fairly certain would smash Barcelona. I think over 2 legs they'd score about 6.

I think City would be better off ceding possession to Barca just because I don't think they can cope with pace on the counter. Aside from Umtiti and Alba their back 6 or so is just not quick.

I don't know how they are 30 games unbeaten I would never watch Barca as their football basically doesn't appeal to me as a neutral.

But I think you can have a bad game but 180 minutes they never once looked like a great side. And didn't really score a goal that wasn't a result of some poor individual quality from a Chelsea player. Christenesen, Tibo, and Cesc all virtually gifting them goals.

To me they look as close to a one man team as I've ever seen

I am 100% confident they won't win the champions league.
                      Last edited by Sparked_26; 03-20-2018, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X