Adesanya vs Costa Who You Got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Adesanya impressed me tonight.

Comment

Well I knew that whoever won this would win in a one sided domination.

I just didn't think that Costa would be that cautious from the start. He never got going due to fear of the counters and I can't blame him.

Adesanya is incredibly fast, explosive and accurate. His foot and hand speed is off the charts and it does not drain his energy at all which is a scary prospect for any opponent to overcome standing.

He also simply packs a hell of a punch, no denying it now. He has dropped the best chins(Gastelum, Costa).

But it has to be said that he's lucky that he's in this current era with no pressure wrestlers. Every single opponent he has faced in the UFC stood with him and he outstruck them. I want to see him against one of those barbarian Dagestani smotherers.

Comment

As far as I am concerned, Costas career ended tonight, not because he lost, but the MANNER of defeat was absoloutley disgraceful.

And I don't want to see Izzy against any more roided up midgets, been there, done that, he can outbox a statue we don't need to see it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
          As far as I am concerned, Costas career ended tonight, not because he lost, but the MANNER of defeat was absoloutley disgraceful.

And I don't want to see Izzy against any more roided up midgets, been there, done that, he can outbox a statue we don't need to see it again.
          He's been roiding up himself, clearly. Grew a gyno titty out of nowhere during the lockdown period where USADA testing is compromised.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
            He's been roiding up himself, clearly. Grew a gyno titty out of nowhere during the lockdown period where USADA testing is compromised.
            Absoloutley, but he's still a lot more mobile than these human boulders.

It reminds me of the worst days of Wladamir Klitschko where these short, immobile plodders would stand center ring, stock still and get their heads jabbed in. No tactical awareness at all.

How can you spend 3 months training for a guy and then walk out there and fight EXACTLY the way he would want you to fight.

Man that annoyed me worse than it should have lol.

Comment

just watched, izzy did well,

now lets see jon jones vs the champion at heavy

Comment

Originally posted by moltres. View Post
                just watched, izzy did well,

now lets see jon jones vs the champion at heavy
                Did Jone's drop or lose the Lhw strap? I'm behind, what happened there?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                  Absoloutley, but he's still a lot more mobile than these human boulders.

It reminds me of the worst days of Wladamir Klitschko where these short, immobile plodders would stand center ring, stock still and get their heads jabbed in. No tactical awareness at all.

How can you spend 3 months training for a guy and then walk out there and fight EXACTLY the way he would want you to fight.

Man that annoyed me worse than it should have lol.
                  It's odd, I don't think this was a fixed fight but it was odd how Costa was that shook.

He had no qualms about constantly putting pressure on Romero and attacking, the only fighter with the balls to do so as Romero is a very feared counter striker.

But last night he didn't even try any of his attacks. I don't think it would have worked due to Adesanya's quick and effective footwork, and like I said he was right to be cautious due to IA's counters. And indeed Costa's lead leg was badly damaged from the start.

But this was just shameful. He needs to evolve, do more than just expect everyone to crumble under his barrage of punches. Learn how to check kicks, try different ranges and learn how to dirty box in the clinch. He has potential, he's just one dimensional if you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Costa is obviously a juicehead but nobody going to talk about Izzy having gyno? (right side)
                    It was damn near all mfers brought up from the time Izzy came out on Twitter.

Nice W for Izzy. I thought this was going to be more of a epic battle with lotsa back n forth & Izzy made this one look easy. Respect to Izzy. Back to the drawing board for Costa.

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
                      Did Jone's drop or lose the Lhw strap? I'm behind, what happened there?
                      he dropped it, he said he dont want to hold it ransom, and the rumour is he is going to heavyweight, and it will likely be straight for i think his name is Stipe.

Comment

Working...
                      X