Supreme Court Rules Hobby Lobby Not Required to Pay for Birth Control

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, the bold part had me dying

I apologize for thinking too highly of human beings. I should of known nobody in their right mind who doesn't want kids would actually take the preventative measures necessary without looking for a handout from their employer.

Heck the employer could just turn around and say "I pay you a salary which is more then enough for you to go out and buy your own condoms or what have you".
    Happy to have given you a laugh.

I disagree with your post entirely, though. For starters, you're describing access to a basic healthcare necessity as "looking for a handout", which reeks of right-wing rhetoric intended to brand those with an opposite opinion as moochers, leaches, or freeloaders.

This is a matter of basic human healthcare. I'm honestly shocked that there are people in here defending the decision. If anything, this decision is sending a very dangerous message to the public regarding how corporations are going to be treated in future cases regarding our own access to healthcare.

Comment

is bad enough my health insurance went up due to Obama care now he expects us to pay for women with loose vaginas I'm glad it didn't go thru

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
        There is a connection, it's healthcare related. Preventing pregnancy is an issue that directly falls under the banner of healthcare. The aim behind healthcare is to diagnose, treat, and prevent ailments and conditions that limit you physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Or do you next want to attempt to argue that pregnancy doesn't affect women in any of those aspects?
        No, what I'm doing is understanding that human beings have an innate and strong desire to fuck as much as humanly possible.

What you're doing is being a puritanical (and misogynistic with your previous post, insinuating that a woman who enjoys having sex is a "loose slut") prick with unrealistic expectations of human behavior and a moral superiority complex.
        What does this have to do with the employer... I'm not saying that condoms should be banned, just that it's not the employers responsibility..

Why is it the responsibitly of the employer.. What happens to unemployed women...

Plus women are smart enough to take care if themselves... As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have worked around and employed hundreds of young females and none have ever needed employers help for contraceptives...

What does this have to do with the employer?

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
          is bad enough my health insurance went up due to Obama care now he expects us to pay for women with loose vaginas I'm glad it didn't go thru
          What do you call men who regularly have sex?

Comment

I disagree with your post entirely, though. For starters, you're describing access to a basic healthcare necessity as "looking for a handout", which reeks of right-wing rhetoric intended to brand those with an opposite opinion as moochers, leaches, or freeloaders.

This is a matter of basic human healthcare. I'm honestly shocked that there are people in here defending the decision. If anything, this decision is sending a very dangerous message to the public regarding how corporations are going to be treated in future cases regarding our own access to healthcare.
            it really isnt about religious freedom but money.

they just dont want to pay for it but are using the religious angle as the reason for it.

Comment

lol

Comment

Nobody is interfering with anything, especially employers.. If anyone is interfering it's the government

Can't girls go into any gas station or store and buy condoms..
                Can't they get them free from plan parenthood, our local one has a free bowl of them
                Don't they hand them out in high school sex ed classes and health class..

So I don't know why you act like someone's rights are getting trampled because the employer doesn't pay for contraceptives..

Again why doesn't the employer also buy toothpaste, floss, soap, shampoo, etc.. Those are all health related items...why not those

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  What does this have to do with the employer... I'm not saying that condoms should be banned, just that it's not the employers responsibility..

Why is it the responsibitly of the employer..
                  Because it is not the obligation of the employer to provide workers with access to an affordable healthcare alternative. It's literally that simple. Issues of sexual and reproductive health fall under the banner of healthcare, regardless of your own limited understanding of the definition of the word.

What happens to unemployed women...
                  Unemployed and impoverished women have a variety of outlets at their disposal regarding contraception. Chief among them 'Planned Parenthood' and their local health departments. Those people give away thousands of bags of condoms and birth control pills annually, all free of charge.

Plus women are smart enough to take care if themselves... As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have worked around and employed hundreds of young females and none have ever needed employers help for contraceptives...
                  I think you vastly overrate the intelligence of the average human being (male or female), apparently you're basing this all on your own (very limited) experience with young women.

Ironically, I get the feeling you're one of those guys who b*tches about children born out of wedlock to single mothers that you have to pay taxes to help, amirite?

What does this have to do with the employer?
                  Because it's basic human healthcare. How many times am I going to have to explain this to you?

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
                    it really isnt about religious freedom but money.

they just dont want to pay for it but are using the religious angle as the reason for it.
                    That true for the most part, I'm not going to say all feel like that, but either way why is it the employers responsibility..

You and bringer still haven't answered why it falls on the employer..
                    What about an unemployed 19 yr old... Who is gonna make sure she has condoms

Comment

Whores,, I ridicule all the idiot guys that have several baby mommas and child support out the rear

Comment

Working...
                      X