Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where has the Sparring Footage of Triple G vs Canelo Gone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Lol, dude remembers the footage... that he never saw...
    Wishful thinking is a powerful thing.
    Mandela effect lol

Comment

GGG break Canelo rib at 12:00?

Comment

I've read the reports, never seen any footage however.

Comment

There was no footage.

Comment

Seriously? I'm supposed to have stopped posting in this place, but I'm not sure I can stand the lack of info here. There was footage, on YouTube.

Did no one on here view it, for real? Or are you all joking around?

Both the Chavez/GGG and the Canelo/GGG sparring sessions were on YouTube for at least a year. Actually, I'm surprised no one saved them, if they were indeed taken down.

I suspected this much would happen, eventually, but I never imagined that not one person would take the time to at least save it. O_O

The fighter I root for is Cotto, so I never bothered, personally.

Anyway, if this isn't some big trolling joke or something, I'll give you all a brief overview, from what I remember:

The Chavez/GGG session was mostly controlled by GGG, in what I would consider dominating fashion. It wasn't anything out of this world, but GGG was in a clear lead.

As for Canelo/GGG, the fight was more even, at least compared to Chavez, but GGG still got the better of it. Nothing dramatic, really, either.

At the end of the day, it's merely sparring, and a lot of time has passed since, but the takeaway here is that GGG got the better of them.

BTW, I don't root for GGG, and I disagree with people who say Cotto ducked him. I still believe Cotto beats GGG, so that'll tell you how much I care about making GGG look good. The man has fought no one, whether it's his fault or not. And no way would anyone, let alone Cotto, turn down 30 million dollars to make the biggest fight in boxing just to fight GGG instead.

Canelo ducked but not Cotto. Cotto simply wanted the biggest fight in boxing, and that wasn't GGG.

It's clear that with the drama going on between Canelo/GGG, Golden Boy found a way to convince the uploader to get rid of it, but I'm astonished that NO ONE here saw it. O_O

I thought those sparring sessions were pretty much common knowledge that everyone ignored because of the time passed since.

Comment

Have fun trying to convince some of these guys that footage ever existed. I've been there amd done that. Was accused of lying, or being illiterate. (I can read the difference between Canelo and Chavez) Some of these guys act like YouTube has never taken any videos down before. We could give the same account of what happened and still wouldn't be believed.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                Have fun trying to convince some of these guys that footage ever existed. I've been there amd done that. Was accused of lying, or being illiterate. (I can read the difference between Canelo and Chavez) Some of these guys act like YouTube has never taken any videos down before. We could give the same account of what happened and still wouldn't be believed.
                I won't get into an argument with anyone, because there's no way I can provide evidence, but I'm just shocked that, out of all of us fans, not one person took the time to save it. I mean, it's a sparring session; it's not even copyrighted. lol

I hope that at least someone like Dan Rafael saw it or something. >.>

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
                  I won't get into an argument with anyone, because there's no way I can provide evidence, but I'm just shocked that, out of all of us fans, not one person took the time to save it. I mean, it's a sparring session; it's not even copyrighted. lol

I hope that at least someone like Dan Rafael saw it or something. >.>
                  I didn't even think to save it. I never figured it would disappear. Of course, hindsight is 20/20. We had this discussion about a week ago and three of us gave similar accounts of GGG controlling the session, cutting Canelo off and having him against the ropes, while landing shots at will. No knockdown or anything serious, but controlling the action. The same guys that ALWAYS hate on GGG all laughed it off, with the same things they're saying here. "It was Chavez", "It would be all over YouTube", etc. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them had seen the footage themselves, but want to deny it just for arguments sake...

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    I didn't even think to save it. I never figured it would disappear. Of course, hindsight is 20/20. We had this discussion about a week ago and three of us gave similar accounts of GGG controlling the session, cutting Canelo off and having him against the ropes, while landing shots at will. No knockdown or anything serious, but controlling the action. The same guys that ALWAYS hate on GGG all laughed it off, with the same things they're saying here. "It was Chavez", "It would be all over YouTube", etc. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them had seen the footage themselves, but want to deny it just for arguments sake...
                    Has nothing to do with hate, for as long as I've been on this site there has never been any footage of that sparring session. You didn't see anything.... That's the solemn truth, sad that you think the people telling you this are only hating.

If there was footage of it then we wouldn't have written articles of the round by round action.
                    Last edited by NaijaD; 09-15-2016, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                      Has nothing to do with hate, for as long as I've been on this site there has never been any footage of that sparring session. You didn't see anything.... That's the solemn truth, sad that you think the people telling you this are only hating.

If there was footage of it then we wouldn't have written articles of the round by round action.
                      Dont tell me I didn't see what I saw, and don't try to tell me I can't read English

Comment

Working...
                      X