Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG is favored over Canelo but he will get bust up and battered for his trouble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if they fight next year Canelo has chances if the fight goes the distance, by robbery. I believe it can be a close fight but I favour GGG.

Also Canelo would try to make the fight at 157 which would weaken GGG.

But then if Canelo beats GGG under those circumstances, the haters won't remember the CW, just like they don't remember Floyd forced Maidana to wear pillows.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      GGG could get clipped by a counter he doesn't see

Canelo may not move a lot but he has a good defense and countering ability. He does well slipping, rolling and parrying shots. For a fighter so flat footed, he hardly gets hit clean more than once at a time.

You don't have to be a mover to be effective playing defense. Canelo make his punches count and GGG isn't exact Aaron Pryor when it comes to punch output

I think it will be exciting and probably the best middleweight fight since Pavlik vs Taylor or Abraham vs Miranda
      FALSE, thats exactly what canelo needs to beat GGG and thats the tool he doesnt have...

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
        The problem for Canelo in this fight is, even though Golovkin will be the aggressor - which Canelo usually likes, he won't be looking to get inside Canelo (where Canelo has a clear advantage over Golovkin), he will be looking to get into a range where Canelo is on the end of his punches.

So for Canelo to get inside, he will have to be the aggressor, which isn't ideal for him.

It's a great fight though and definitely more competitive than people think, Canelo is underrated.
        Yeah. I don't think anyone GGG's size or weight can beat him right now.
        Canelo doesn't have enough pop to really trouble him enough to keep him off. Not to say Canelo isn't a very good boxer and strong but GGG's just got a bit too much. Canelo's stamina and output make it unlikely for him to win except via KO which I really can't see.

Now if there was a tall, rangy jabber with real pop a la Tommy Hearns at middleweight then we'd really have something to see.

Comment

Why can't we have more threads like this with analysis on fight over stupid agendas? Golovkin wins if he takes his time and uses the jab a lot more than he did vs Brook. If he goes for the drama show too much, Canelo can make him pay and really hurt him with counters. That being said, I'm not sure Canelo is quick enough to set up the counters. I say stoppage in round 10 in favor of Golovkin but it gets messy towards the end.

Comment

Golovkin murks Canelo. Some posters on this site see Canelo vs Smith as a good competitive fight but could you imagine Golovkin fighting Smith? He would be crucified.

Brook would also slap Canelo around but the haters don't want to admit. I thought Brook would beat Golovkin but had a tall mountain to climb but he outright kicks Canelo's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              First he'd have to grow a pair of balls.

Secondly, GGG hits back. Unlike Angulo or one of those guys that Canelo teed off on for 10 rounds.

I'd pick GGG to bust Canelo up.
              GGG only hits back when he has his perfect distance if he doesnt have that he doesnt throw, literally brook stayed on the inside whack him up and side stepped em and turn em and ggg was lost, thats all brook had to do instead of pulling back and out he should have just kept side stepping and ggg cant throw cause he has absolutely no inside punches.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                FALSE, thats exactly what canelo needs to beat GGG and thats the tool he doesnt have...
                How is it false when every time GGG gets touched up, its because his opponent stood his ground.

Look at the fight with a shot kassim ouma, even Monroe did better standing his ground instead of moving, so did Brooks

just because its your opinion doesn't mean its facts.

GGG is very hittable and doesn't move his head on the inside

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                  The problem for Canelo in this fight is, even though Golovkin will be the aggressor - which Canelo usually likes, he won't be looking to get inside Canelo (where Canelo has a clear advantage over Golovkin), he will be looking to get into a range where Canelo is on the end of his punches.

So for Canelo to get inside, he will have to be the aggressor, which isn't ideal for him.

It's a great fight though and definitely more competitive than people think, Canelo is underrated.
                  Good post, I think that's how the fight will play out, the distance will be key. They'll most likely fight in the middle of the ring and GGG will look to keep Canelo at mid-range. Canelo's best chance will be on the inside and they both go toe-to-toe eventually so that would be his best shot.

I like both guys and it'll probably be the most toughest fight of both of their careers, especially Canelo. Another big factor is that Canelo as a light middleweight (whether people want to admit or not, he's still a LMW) will be stepping up to GGG's divison, where GGG will always have the advantage over Canelo, being a natural middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    GGG is a stalker a hunter, He excels at hunting his pray down

opponents have actually had success when they stood their ground and he usually hurts guys when they move away

his defense inside is lacking

Brook did, even Monroe, Ouma was shot but he did as well.

GGG doesn't work guys over on the inside like Chavez Sr.
                    Ggg defense might be lacking inside but canelo isn't an inside fighter. He's a counter puncher who likes to wait for his opponent to act. I haven't seem him do anything inside so I'm gonna assume he's not gonna magically do it against ggg. I mean he tried to outbox Floyd which was one of the dumbest thing I've seen. He's gonna try stand his ground for a few rounds then feel the pressure ggg puts then backs up against the ropes then get stop that's how I envision the fight going.

The match up is all wrong for canelo. I actually think someone.like Lara but have a bit.more pop in his punch would do better than canelo style. Gotta be able to move and have enough power to make him respect you so he just doesn't charge head first trying to exchange punches.

I don't know we're all speculating so it's kinda fun instead of the normal hate crap that goes on every thread.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
                      Ggg defense might be lacking inside but canelo isn't an inside fighter. He's a counter puncher who likes to wait for his opponent to act. I haven't seem him do anything inside so I'm gonna assume he's not gonna magically do it against ggg. I mean he tried to outbox Floyd which was one of the dumbest thing I've seen. He's gonna try stand his ground for a few rounds then feel the pressure ggg puts then backs up against the ropes then get stop that's how I envision the fight going.

The match up is all wrong for canelo. I actually think someone.like Lara but have a bit.more pop in his punch would do better than canelo style. Gotta be able to move and have enough power to make him respect you so he just doesn't charge head first trying to exchange punches.

I don't know we're all speculating so it's kinda fun instead of the normal hate crap that goes on every thread.
                      agreed

Comment

Working...
                      X