Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG is favored over Canelo but he will get bust up and battered for his trouble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG is favored over Canelo but he will get bust up and battered for his trouble

Canelo is a very good fighter and a lot of people aren't high on him because of how Golden Boy promotes him. Canelo weight fights, dropping the wbc belt, and putting off fighting GGG

GGG is the hardest hitting middleweight in the game

Canelo has shown the ability to counter punch at mid range and on the inside

GGG doesn't work much when he works his way inside and his defense leaves a bit to be desired

I see a very competitive fight regardless who wins

Alvarez has a better shot vs GGG than many will admit

His next opponent is strong and aggressive so it will be nice to see how Canelo does with a fighter who comes at him with some skill before the GGG fight happens

I see fireworks whenever this fight happens

It be fun to watch. I have ggg by corner stoppage. Doesn't move enough doesn't have enough power and doesn't throw enough punches but hey it's boxing anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
      It be fun to watch. I have ggg by corner stoppage. Doesn't move enough doesn't have enough power and doesn't throw enough punches but hey it's boxing anything can happen.
      GGG could get clipped by a counter he doesn't see

Canelo may not move a lot but he has a good defense and countering ability. He does well slipping, rolling and parrying shots. For a fighter so flat footed, he hardly gets hit clean more than once at a time.

You don't have to be a mover to be effective playing defense. Canelo make his punches count and GGG isn't exact Aaron Pryor when it comes to punch output

I think it will be exciting and probably the best middleweight fight since Pavlik vs Taylor or Abraham vs Miranda

Comment

I like Canelo to win (& have liked him to win before the Brook fight which seems to have altered some opinions), but I do still think its a close fight & either guy winning isn't outside the realm of possibility. I think its 55/45, 60/40 Canelo right now. Canelo hits hard himself, he's more elusive, he's got a higher boxing IQ, he's shown more patience with setting things up. I could see GGG fighting just like he did vs Brook & just walking in or I could see him being more careful & balanced like vs David, but either way I think Canelo's boxing IQ & diversity in attack/strategy will allow him to acquire the win. If Canelo somehow gets into a firefight or war with GGG the fight will be more up for grabs.

Comment

First he'd have to grow a pair of balls.

Secondly, GGG hits back. Unlike Angulo or one of those guys that Canelo teed off on for 10 rounds.

I'd pick GGG to bust Canelo up.

Comment

Cool, let's hope everyone grows their balls now and fights him.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              First he'd have to grow a pair of balls.

Secondly, GGG hits back. Unlike Angulo or one of those guys that Canelo teed off on for 10 rounds.

I'd pick GGG to bust Canelo up.
              I think both will be worst for wear

GGG doesn't move his head much and canelo is one of the best counterpunches in the game with decent pop and speed.

both will be taking licks

Same can be said for Canelo, he hits back, and wont be in their to cash a check like Wade, Rosado, and MANY others

Canelo will be in their to win and wont be petrified

Honestly, from an action stand point....I think the eubank fight would be far more exciting

Comment

I think Golovkin would approach Canelo with the same caution he fought Lemieux with. He would be very patient and methodical fighting behind the jab and slowly breaking Canelo down. I dont expect to see Golovkin make a street fight out of it and abandon his defense the way he did with Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  Canelo is a very good fighter and a lot of people aren't high on him because of how Golden Boy promotes him. Canelo weight fights, dropping the wbc belt, and putting off fighting GGG

GGG doesn't work much when he works his way inside and his defense leaves a bit to be desired

His next opponent is strong and aggressive so it will be nice to see how Canelo does with a fighter who comes at him with some skill before the GGG fight happens

I agree that he has a chance, like 20%, and I think it will be a good fight while it lasts, but he it gets worn down and stopped. Canelo's inside abilities will almost certainly give GGG some problems, but he is'nt active enough and he is'nt a big enough puncher to deter GGG imo.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

I think everybody agrees Canelo has the best shot to beat Golovkin. For one, he's a bigger guy. But that's what has everybody p*ssed at Canelo because its such a weak pathetic move to side step the biggest most meaningful fight in his career for no real reason. Of course though we all know the reason haha. Canelo's Dad/trainer doesn't want him to fight Golovkin. Too physically dangerous. But still wants his son to kill himself making 154/155...go figure.
                    But yea Canelo has or had a great opportunity to fight Golovkin and would have the best chance over anyone under 160. Honestly though I see him losing either by clear UD or 10th round TKO/stoppage. Canelo is a good defensive fighter when its against boxer punchers that don't want to commit and run you down. For instance the Cotto or Mosley fight. I see Canelo starting off slipping punches but getting caught with a few (which Golovkins power you can't afford to do) whilst unloading sharp combos that mostly get blocked. Canelo will gas after 6 and the accumulated shots (doesn't have to be a lot) to his body and upstairs will leave him in a tensed up defensive approach. He will try to weather the storm and get shots off but Golovkin will continue having greater success and maybe will drop him around 7. I'd expect a second wind from Canelo like usual but it won't be enough to take control of a fight that he didn't have since the end of round 1.

Comment

Working...
                    X