Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You guys are all boxing fans but can YOU throw a boxing punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ima beast with my 1,2....Inside Right hook...and Right uppercut and I gat a quick jab

Been boxing on off since I was 16....im 24 now

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
      To an extent I'd agree with the gist of your second point, you're sitting down on your punches, and that involves your glutes and thigh muscles, but the first is a wasted movement. If you're using it to initiate then the little power that it generates is being lost and the movement will be disjointed. Your hips don't need to be triggered into moving by your foot.

The muscles in your thigh and your glutes are explosive. They don't need your foot to move first. You're foot moves in response to them. When I say that, I don't mean that it follows because it's that fast that it's more a working in tandem as you know, but it's your strong explosive muscles that initiate. They are the ones with the capability to propel body mass at speed.

It's that explosive movement of mass that is going to add more power to your punches. The reletively weak muscles in your calf and foot play a peripheral role in that. In fact, you want the smaller less powerful muscles involved in punching to stay as loose as possible, so that you don't compromise your speed or endurance.
      Im gonna be trying it your way from now on, thanks for the advice bro everything you said makes a lot of sense, I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge!

You can trigger the hips with the leg or the foot just as well, so why not use the powerful leg. Gonna try that today cheers bro!!

Comment

Working...
      X