Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, So There's Weed, Booze, Glue, Crystal Meth, Acid ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Ok, So There's Weed, Booze, Glue, Crystal Meth, Acid ...

... and then there's Zumanjaro.

It's a matter of time before they start straight up charging you for the ride of death. One you strap yourself into and never come back from.

This comes pretty damn close ...

Insane Six Flags ‘Drop of Doom’ ride packs a 90 mph free fall

(Credit: Six Flags)

If you plan on visiting New Jersey's Six Flags Great Adventure next year, be sure to bring a sturdy stomach.

The amusement park known for hosting some of the world’s most intense roller coasters is adding a new one to the mix -- and it’s determined to take your breath away. And possibly your lunch.

Rising 415 feet in the sky -- that’s taller than the Statue of Liberty -- the free fall nightmare Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom will become the tallest tower-drop ride in the world when it opens in 2014. The former champ, Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom at Six Flags Magic Mountain outside of Los Angeles, tops out at a ‘mere’ 400 feet. On a clear day, Zumanjaro riders will be able to see all the way to Philadelphia some 50 miles away, park officials told USA Today.

But the ride isn’t just about height -- it’s also about speed. Zumanjaro will reach a hefty 90 miles per hour, and while that doesn’t quite match the speeds of the world’s fastest coasters, it’s a stomach churner, for sure. Even crazier, the entire ride is nestled inside the loop of Kingda-Ka, the crown jewel of Six Flags Great Adventure and officially the tallest roller coaster in the world.

That combo is going to make for some serious thrills.

"You're going to have folks dropping 90 mph," John Fitzgerald, the park's president, told USA Today. "You're going to have the Kingda Ka cars racing around them at the same time. It's really going to be fantastic. Fantastic views, but also terribly exciting."

Zumanjaro will replace the Rolling Thunder, a classic wooden coaster that’s been a park fixture for some 35 years.

Yahoo!

Last edited by MindBat; 08-31-2013, 12:08 PM.

I heard about this on the radio yesterday, I love me all types of roller coasters and thrill rides

I always ride in the front even if I have to wait longer

Can't wait for this one!

I'm in

I hate the Ferris wheel doe, wouldn't get on one even if they paid me...true story

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
      I heard about this on the radio yesterday, I love me all types of roller coasters and thrill rides

Can't wait for this one!

I'm in

I hate the Ferris wheel doe, wouldn't get on one even if they paid me...true story

Lol! No lie. During a Chinese new year celebration, I remember riding a tiny ferris wheel in Chinatown, NY with my dad and sister, and I suffered all kinds of convulsions and epileptic attacks during and after that ride.

Comment

i dont do rides...i truly feel that im that 0.001% of the population that will fly off and die on those things

last time i went to Magic Mountain was grad night...that was like 15 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
          Lol! No lie. During a Chinese new year celebration, I remember riding a tiny ferris wheel in Chinatown, NY with my dad and sister, and I suffered all kinds of convulsions and epileptic attacks during and after that ride.

wtf!

I'm afraid of heights and they move too slow it gives me too much time to think up there and how would I die if I was to fall

Comment

Went there last year and had to wait 3 hours to get on Kinda Ka, it's pretty ridiculous. That thing gets struck by lightning every other minute and then closes down for hours. It's also about 15 secs long. I hate drops like that tho, I'd almost certainly barf

Comment

I'm a coaster junkie, Six-Flags is on a list of visits to make.

Comment

Can't wait for this one!

I'm in

Dude, same here I love roller coasters and get on them as many times as I possibly can doesnt matter which one i'll get on them all. But that gawd damn Ferris wheel is my kryptonite it's just something about it, my wife laughs her ass off if I ever get on because it looks like I'm holding on for dear life, which in my mind I am.

Comment

wtf!

I'm afraid of heights and they move too slow it gives me too much time to think up there and how would I die if I was to fall

This was back in the mid 70's. Was about 10 years old. They couldn't pry my left hand from safety bar and had a G.I Joe Kung Fu Grip on my Chinese fire truck with my right one.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    i dont do rides...i truly feel that im that 0.001% of the population that will fly off and die on those things

last time i went to Magic Mountain was grad night...that was like 15 years ago
                    They're gettin' deadlier and deadlier. I could only imagine what their insurance on those rides goes for.

Comment

Working...
                    X