No announcement yet.

Matthysse 163 lbs tonight!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
    For who? Gatti? Or Matthyse who has consistently weighed low 150's? Don't you agree it's extremely unlikely a guy who looks no different all of a sudden weighs 12 lbs more then usual?

I don't see how people so easily accept Matthysse gaining 12 pounds over his usual fight night weight.

12 pounds for a 140lb fighter is over 11% of that fighters weight.
    Oh i agree 100%, it is unusual. But I'm not ready to call it impossible yet either. I just know how me, with my own weight, tend to fluctuate a lot worse than Matthysse. Keep in mind, I don't have a normal weight that I just weighed 12lbs over either though - that's the bizzarre part.

But as started before, weight proportion is a mother... we can all agree with that - but putting on 12 extra lbs compared to your norm? Definitely odd. However, putting on 6-7 isn't. You have to think that not all unnofficial weights are done the same.

They can be as soon as he comes in, he could even have bag on his shoulders for all we know. They can be directly after he puts on his gear or when he's not wearing anything. Another 5-6lbs from his norm wouldn't suprise me at all as I don't believe he trained for Lundy (or Dallas, after Lundy bailed) as hard as he had his previous opponnets. Assuming he weighed 151-2 as his norm (unclothed), and hopped on the scale unenthused and clothed yesterday, i'd say he was 157ish naked. In which case, we won't see the difference from his norm. But then again, he DID weigh 138. Looks like he trained pretty hard to me... wasn't even dry at the weigh in.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
      WV2 is listed at 5'5" 1/2 and Donaire was taller than him too.

Idk what to tell you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcMGC7gtcq8

Donaire was actually measured at 5'5" without shoes.
      Last edited by BlackSnakeMamba; 01-27-2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X