Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you still win a round you've been knocked down in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you still win a round you've been knocked down in?

Let's say fighter A was knocked down by fighter B. The KD happened in the first minute, but after fighter A got up, he proceeded to school fighter B. Would that round in a 9-9 score?

Or would it be a 10-8 score from there?

Unless you return the kd, the best the dropped fighter can hope for is 9-9.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Unless you return the kd, the best the dropped fighter can hope for is 9-9.
      Assuming the 10 point must system is in place, could it be 10-10? Or just 10-9?

Comment

yeah you could theoretically even without returning the knockdown you could get a 9-8 round

Comment

a fighter CAN even the round despite being KD yes 9-9, but in order to win will have to have a very very dominant reminder of the round 2pnts (to my memory I have yet to witness this) or score a KD 2pnts himself to make it 9-8 in his favor.
          Last edited by ElBossHogg™; 01-05-2013, 09:08 PM.

Comment

I think it would be 10-9 or 10-10. The only way you can get a 9-9 is if a point is deducted from the eventual winner of that round.

Comment

It's rare to get a 10-8 round without a KD or point deduction, so even if fighter A won the round he would only pull 1 point back which means he still loses it 10-9.

Comment

????? Always thought a knockdown was 2 points and one for each one after the fact. The best outcome would be a 9-8 round. Don't think that a fighter that has been dropped can achieve a 9-9 but im no judge

Comment

If a KD is involved then there is no 10 score. If you got KD it's 10-8 most likely by judges and then you come back strong, in rare cases it becomes 9-8. If you do amazing like Maidana Khan round 10 or Margarita Cotto round 9 I think it was, then it can be a 8-8. To win it, you will need a KD.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

you get a point deducted if you get knockdown so that leaves you at 9 if you win the round you stay at 9 and if it is Khan vs Maidana type round the opponent gets 2 point deducted even without a knockdown so in theory yes a fighter can win the round 9-8
                    Last edited by Phenom; 01-05-2013, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X