No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Clears Up Pacquiao-Marquez Testing Claims

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
    Since boxers are the one actually asking for it, then the boxer and their promoter should be liable in paying for it, not the state commission.
    The lead promoter should pay for it but the testing association should answer to the commission.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      The lead promoter should pay for it but the testing association should answer to the commission.
      Which i already posted in previous page.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        That is exactly how it should be done. That is how ole Bob even said it.

Comment

Me thinks bob is trying to avoid any potential negative test results of his stable of fighters from being tied to his name.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
            And boom goes the dynamite.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
              Me thinks bob is trying to avoid any potential negative test results of his stable of fighters from being tied to his name.
              No Promoter would want that tied to their name as it hurts business and can cause loss of revenue. No Promoter knows 100% if this or that fighter cheats. When cheating does go on, those involved keep it in a very closed loop.

If any promoter could avoid the subject all together they would. They have enough on their plate to worry about when it comes to fights and cards not happening. Contract Disputes, Injuries, ego's, and competition make them worry enough. Pending Drug Tests for them would make their hair fall out with worry, especially because these things come out so close to the opening bell, and at that point, millions of dollars already spent would be wasted and thrown out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                Outside of the **** pactarts, is anyone really surprised here?
                Not at all some of us have known all along they dont want Manny tested its so blatant its only child Pac fans that refuse to see it .

Comment

Any takers? 1m for pac for 1 M points! See our rules below...

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    No Promoter would want that tied to their name as it hurts business and can cause loss of revenue. No Promoter knows 100% if this or that fighter cheats. When cheating does go on, those involved keep it in a very closed loop.

If any promoter could avoid the subject all together they would. They have enough on their plate to worry about when it comes to fights and cards not happening. Contract Disputes, Injuries, ego's, and competition make them worry enough. Pending Drug Tests for them would make their hair fall out with worry, especially because these things come out so close to the opening bell, and at that point, millions of dollars already spent would be wasted and thrown out the window.
                    That's very true. I agree. I just think Bob could have nipped the issue in the bud long ago had he mentioned his wish for the commission to conduct extra tests, which Keith Kizer acknowledged as being possible with extra time and money.

It just blew up into the brewhaha we have today.
                    Last edited by MindBat; 12-03-2012, 04:51 PM.

Comment

I'd believe a crack addict telling me he's going to spend the money i give him on food over Bob "The Bull****er" Arum

Comment

Working...
                      X