Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    And, how is that?
    how is what?
    how is is that hes his best at 140..and didnt look as good at 147?
    because thats how he performs at 140 vs 147

you said earlier this fight was "just as good as Floyd/Hatton"
    but you also say Hatton wasnt as good at welter..are you giving this fight the same credit you give to PBF/Hatton?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Hatton got dropped in the last round and it wasn't called. He was pretty much done at that point.
      yeah, I just rewatched that round. He clearly lost. I think Lederman had Hatton winning like rounds 7, 8, 9, 11 so maybe thats what I meant about outworking him later but I have to rewatch it again to remember for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Bradley will do everything he can to win. He's a winner, ugly style, boring fighter, but he's a winner. It's gonna take a very smart fighter to beat Bradley. Pac is not very smart, at all. Man, Pac is in for it.
        True, but Pac is good at catching his opponents rushing in face-first, which Bradley does constantly due to his lacks of reach and height advantage against most of his opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by American Dream View Post
          how is what?
          because he doesnt.

but you also say Hatton wasnt as good at welter..are you giving this fight the same credit you give to PBF/Hatton?
          Look, Hatton wasn't any good at welter because he wasn't physically as imposing at welter than he was at light welter. Hatton wasn't the bully anymore, knew it and went back down. He couldn't muscle the welters.

How hard is that to understand?

Comment

• This only goes to show what kind of party it is. Bradley's a sound fighter. He has certainly paid his dues. However, I think this match is only being put forth because there is no one else really for the Pacman to fight. I think it's premature and Bradley is green when it comes to the upper echelon of the sport.

In ways I think that Pacquiao's team have a made a mistake that can cost him his spot on the top of the list (which only the Ring Magazine has him #1 but that's the OFFICIAL P4P lister so I can't say he's not the P4P #1). The Ring Magazine claimed they didn't demote Pacquiao because he had 1 bad night. They said that nobody called for Martinez to get demoted after his fight with Braker, so they will not demote him for 1 bad night. For 2 bad nights they will demote him. Especially if Floyd dominates Miguel Cotto and offers a stellar performance as he always does.

Pacquiao only (to me) has that spot to lose. So basically if he draws with Bradley or loses to him (which is a strong possibility. I'll elaborate on shortly), he doesn't really lose anything but a paper title. His fans may lose some bragging rights but that's about it.

Bradley is a very intelligent fighter. He has watched enough film of himself to know what kind of damage his head can cause. I believe he can land a headbutt/hook combo and open a cut that the ref doesn't quite know how to call. If they rule the cut accidental, Bradley can easily outbox Pacquiao to a technical decision, or the judges will have it a technical draw. That's the mistake I fell they're making. I think they're underestimating Bradley because he's a JWW but they're not factoring in the danger of an opponent who has the capacity to be a dirty fighter and he wants to win this contest more than he wants to live life itself. That makes for a very dangerous opponent. One that will do virtually anything to win. Pacquiao had better be careful. I don't like Pac much as a fighter (as a person I have a huge amount of adoration for him) but I don't want to see him get his ass kicked unless it's by Floyd. Marquez just kicked his ass and that was the other fighter I wanted to see do it to him. Pac had better be careful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
              True, but Pac is good at catching his opponents rushing in face-first, which Bradley does constantly due to his lacks of reach and height advantage against most of his opponents.
              Lol no he doesn't man.

Pac IS good at catching Mexican defenseless come forward fighters. Bradley is not a come forward fighter, or a brawler. He's aggressive yes, but he's not a face first fighter. Man, people are so mistaken about Bradley's style.

Comment

• Originally posted by American Dream View Post
                how is what?
                because thats how he performs at 140 vs 147

Yes I feel both fights are on the same level. However, what I feel both fighters(Bradley/Hatton) are capable off in form of talent, skills, intangibles are quite different.

Hatton lost an advantage at 147 of what he had at 140.

What advantages does Bradley losses at 147 that he had at 140?

But, yea I give them same credit. it's not a great fight. It's not a terrible fight. And, it's actually fight that I might very well pay to see.

Comment

• Bradley punches too, too wild to beat Pacquiao.

Comment

• Will Pacquiao vs Bradley be held at Arum's new Temporary stadium?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Lol no he doesn't man.

Pac IS good at catching Mexican defenseless come forward fighters. Bradley is not a come forward fighter, or a brawler. He's aggressive yes, but he's not a face first fighter. Man, people are so mistaken about Bradley's style.
                      i guess ledwaba, clottey and mosley are mexican too??

Comment

Working...
                      X