Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“BELIEVE IT OR NOT” BLACK FIGHTERS DON’T DRAW! ,, (by Pedro Fernandez)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    The most popular boxers throughout boxing history have been black.

Sugar Ray Robinson, Joe Louis, Mohammad Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, Mike Tyson, and Floyd Mayweather Jr.

My point is.

It's only fair that blacks are not always the biggest draws, there has to be other boxers drawing fans to the sport. Are blacks suppose to do everything? The biggest draw in boxing is black, the second biggest is Pinoy, the third biggest is up to debate maybe Cotto, who's Puerto Rican. Does it have to be Mayweather, Hopkins, Ward, Dawson, Dirrell the biggest draws in boxing?

I am happy that there's different fighters from different nationalities who draw fans to the sport.
    and your not black no matter how hard you try to be......you will never be black

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
      The ring magazine reported the payed attendance was 13,000+
      paid attendance is misleading

as explained to me as long as you pay the tariff on a ticket (essentially a tax on each ticket) then it counts as a sold ticket

that being said specifically everyone who was a season ticketholder to the Kings or Lakers were given up to 4 tickets each to attend the fight. I know two people who are Kings ticket holders and they were given 4 tickets each that night

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LaMexicanMigra View Post
          [SIZE="5"]
          CAN ONLY MEXICAN STARS DRAW IN LOS ANGELES?

There are two Mexican fighters on the bill, the first is Mexican national Antonio DeMarco (25-2-1, 18 KOs) of Tijuana taking on Jorge Linares (31-1, 20 KOs) of Venezuela. The second, Orlando Mora (28-1-1, 19 KOs) of Culiacan, will face Brooklyn’s Paulie Malignaggi (29-4, 6 KOs).

Not Mexican...

Comment

I would agree with the Suggestion of More Black Promoters to help get out to the Inner Cities and help SALE FIGHTS! If I was Top Rank or GBP they should add maybe a Tyson or Ray Leonard...not even a Former Boxing, just a younger guy with Charisma to help Promote for Black Fighters because B-Hop and Dawson are not being Promoted well at all right now because they are not going to the right places to promote the fight

Also if you don't give back, how the hell can you expect your people to support you? The Latino fighters get out their with the fans...especially in Los Angeles and they sign Autographs and take Photos and also help open BOXING GYMS...Black Fighters...Don't! Besides maybe Andre Ward who has actually built up a Decent Following in the Bay Area and does well with attendance at the Oracle Arena

Black Fighters have to get out their more, even Mayweather still get out their and he is already a Superstar so he really don't have to do anything, but still leading up to the Ortiz fight he was out in different clubs PROMOTING THE FIGHT HIMSELF...his best friend also has 5 Million Followers on Twitter...THAT HELPS when 50 Cent is tweeting about the fight and HBO 24/7 Episodes that is just another way Mayweather Promotes
            Last edited by sicko; 10-13-2011, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Not exactly sure what to make of the article, But for some reason they just dont draw, I dont think its the fighters, I think its more their supporters who tend to find ways out of paying for the event.

The new age of technology plays a big factor here, in which you have so many people looking for illegal live streams that the actual numbers of the event are effected by this.

I Do not beleive its the fighters themselves as much as I beleive its their cheap ass supporters... who call themselves fans yet wont support their fighter by ordering the fights...

And I aint saying all of their fans are doing that, but the ones who do you know who you are..

Comment

One of the biggest right now is Black, Floyd. I'd say Shane is too because we all know Floyd and Manny didn't hull in those numbers by themselves. Pacquiao can get at least 700k for a nobody (Clottey) and the rest is off of his opponent.
                I Don't know about Floyd, the closest I can think of is when he fought Hatton, but hatton still had a pretty good fan base.
                Also I agree with whoever said some of the biggest draws in history were black. I think OP is referring to nowadays.

Comment

black america stopped watching when tyson retired. for some reason we dont want to see the lil guys

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    Really. Who does draw? Boxers don't draw like people would like to believe. If you base it all on a group of people. you don't get a ton of draws. Even MAB and EM in their prime at the top of the game. Did they even come close to ODLH in draw? No. So can we say mexicans don't draw? Trinidad got huge crowds, Cotto can't draw flies to *****. Do we say Ricans can't draw? Really.

As most boxers don't draw much anyways. Except a few select fighters to do it. I could go google the exact ones on the records for most draw, ppv sales etc etc. But it's a waste of time. Grouping who draws huge crowds by ethnicity is dumb. As it's individuals who draw anything worth a damn. Not a grouping of people.
                    Not sure what the hell you are talking about. Cotto had the biggest fight crowd ever at Madison Square Garden when he fought Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by El.Naranjito707 View Post
                      Not Mexican...
                      he never said linares was mexican, he clearly states in the next sentence that the next mexican is orlando mora

Comment

Working...
                      X