Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where should Joshua vs Klitschko 2 take place?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    They're going to talk about the USA and Dubai and blah blah blah but it will be in England again IMO.

But Chris Mannix was making a strong case that theyre going to do it in the USA last week on his podcast. Said Joshua would take maybe some shorter money to have a huge superstar event.

I just think they money will pull them back to the UK.
    I think they'll try and do a PPV in the US and do it in Vegas + also do PPV in UK.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      I was being sarcastic!
      ... obviously.................

Comment

If AJ wants to expand his recognition in the U.S. market, then what better way to do it then fighting a rematch with Wlad in Vegas? He likely wins the rematch and seals his popularity at HW giving him a huge advantage over Wilder with the American fan base. Especially if he KO's Wlad again. He needs that exposure in the American market to put all of the momentum on his side and give him the leverage in negotiations.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          I think they'll try and do a PPV in the US and do it in Vegas + also do PPV in UK.
          No way they try a PPV in America.

I wish Showtime could make a deal with Haymon or CBS to get this on CBS (national free TV), it's the kinda fight that SHOULD be on free TV. It would be a ratings smash.

Comment

I wish Showtime could make a deal with Haymon or CBS to get this on CBS (national free TV), it's the kinda fight that SHOULD be on free TV. It would be a ratings smash.
            Would probably never happen but agreed that would absolutely be a massive hit.

Comment

They're going to talk about the USA and Dubai and blah blah blah but it will be in England again IMO.

But Chris Mannix was making a strong case that theyre going to do it in the USA last week on his podcast. Said Joshua would take maybe some shorter money to have a huge superstar event.

I just think they money will pull them back to the UK.
              I think Vegas will step up and make this fight happen. This could easily do a $20mm gate

Comment

Didn't the last deal they done on TV rights give HBO live rights to the rematch?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I think you wanna keep it in the same spot or some other big stadium in the UK (idk the stadium situation in the UK so maybe there is nothing viable for boxing or for the weather in November I got no clue).

Klitschko is still largely dead to American fans despite this last performance. And while you could certainly expect loads of UK fans to fly to Vegas to watch the fight I don't see the reasoning for doing so when there won't be much if any upside since no one gives a f#ck about Klitschko in the US & he's probably as or less popular than Wilder here I'd guess. So I think you save Joshua's American debut for Wilder or some other high level American mandatory that could pop up at very least.

And I realllllllllly don't see the point of putting this fight on at some random, non-big fight boxing location, on the globe unless it makes A LOT OF SENSE money-wise & they are being wayyyyy overpaid on what they'll make elsewhere, which it may or may not.

Klitschko has sold out MSG every time he fought there as a main event.. D- troll post Panda!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                    Klitschko has sold out MSG every time he fought there as a main event.. D- troll post Panda!
                    LOL, idk how many tickets Klitschko sold there cuz he's only fought there once in like a decade iirc.

And mainly I just think Joshua has more upside in the UK then he has in the US still vs someone not BIG or could potentially be hyped as big like Wilder or even some random US guy.

I think taking the fight to Germany where Klitschko fought a lot of if not most of his title fights makes more sense then the US right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      LOL, idk how many tickets Klitschko sold there cuz he's only fought there once in like a decade iirc.

And mainly I just think Joshua has more upside in the UK then he has in the US still vs someone not BIG or could potentially be hyped as big like Wilder or even some random US guy.

I think taking the fight to Germany where Klitschko fought a lot of if not most of his title fights makes more sense then the US right now.
                      I doubt Hearn & team would like to go to Germany especially Wlad being the challenger.. I guess it is soccer season so they can't do it again in Wembley so UK or US because they can get joshua fight in front of US crowd & big him up for Wilder..

Comment

Working...
                      X