Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Teddy Atlas the worst commentator in boxing history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Teddy Atlas the worst commentator in boxing history?

I have to spend half the time I'm watching an ESPN card making jokes about him or muting the TV.
    Yes
    54.55%
    Maybe
    45.45%

He knows what he is talking about but he gets on a topic and he just keeps going on and on about it..It's irritating.. Sometimes I'm thinking please just stop...

Comment

He speaks his mind. I like him.

Comment

a character that has trained camp with Tyson and speaks his mind like a true old school New Yorkah over Lampley or Merchant?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          He knows what he is talking about but he gets on a topic and he just keeps going on and on about it..It's irritating.. Sometimes I'm thinking please just stop...
          That's what gets me. I just wish he knew how to pull it back. The guy will assault my ears for minutes on end about some basic idea he could have summed up in one sentence and moved on about. I have serious suspicions that he may be mentally handicapped.

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
          a character that has trained camp with Tyson and speaks his mind like a true old school New Yorkah over Lampley or Merchant?
          Lampley is biased and always trying to spin a narrative, but he at least isn't grating to the ears. He knows how to talk like someone with a triple digit IQ and he knows when to shut up. Merchant is a poet and the GOAT by far.

Comment

Maybe. Maybe George Foreman

Comment

Atlas is an attention whore drama queen.

like others have said, he may know boxing -- but he doesn't know when to shut up.

and his metaphors are ******ed

I mute him.

I cant think of anyone more annoying, so I vote yes.

Comment

lets be honest people dont like him cause of his opinions outside of the announce table

Comment

Originally posted by Street View Post
                  Maybe. Maybe George Foreman
                  He had his moments. He could be entertaining though with how out there he was.

Originally posted by SensFullViolenc View Post
                  Atlas is an attention whore drama queen.

like others have said, he may know boxing -- but he doesn't know when to shut up.

and his metaphors are ******ed

I mute him.

I cant think of anyone more annoying, so I vote yes.
                  Exactly. Love the quote from Terrible too

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                  lets be honest people dont like him cause of his opinions outside of the announce table
                  Part of the total package. I respect him pulling a gun on Tyson for messing with his niece though.

Comment

Atlas cleaned Cus' gym in upstate NY and carried Tyson's spit bucket when He was a 15 year old amateur. He has parlayed a lackey subordinate association with Tyson and Cus into a whole career of overstated credentials. His histrionic shouting, constant talk of ring " real estate", and fixation on fighters' personal problems/prior jail stints have done prison is nauseating. An outside con man who has conned his way inside.

Comment

Working...
                    X