No announcement yet.

Chavez jnr looking razor sharp for canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    I think Canelo will beat the hell out of him and stop him. A razor sharp Chavez is still Chavez. He can punch and take a punch. He is very slow and not very skillful. He throws very few punches per round. He quit in the corner to Fonfara when he could have continued. I think the 6 to 1 odds in Canelo's favor are correct and there will be no upset.
    Fonfara is natural light heavyweight so size beat him...canelo has never faced any one as heavy or heavier than him and we still don't know how his chin willl hold up or stamina if he is in with a bigger fighter....its not gonna be easy for canelo bolio......but we will see

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
      Fonfara is natural light heavyweight so size beat him...canelo has never faced any one as heavy or heavier than him and we still don't know how his chin willl hold up or stamina if he is in with a bigger fighter....its not gonna be easy for canelo bolio......but we will see
      Hes faced several fighters as big or bigger than him,hes 5'9" ffs people! Hes faced trout,lara,mayweather,kirkland,angulo, Mosely,kahn,smith who were all as tall or much taller than him,& most of them all rehydrate to the same weight or more than canelo,even mayweather looked about the same size & build as canelo. This nonsense about canelo only fighting smaller guys is bs,he fought a few guys with smaller builds,mostly when he was coming up but all those guys I listed are majority of recent fights,all these gigi fans spread hypocritical nonsense that makes people believe bs. And mayweathers biggest lie he was able to sell as truth was that he was a small ww not a true 154 lb fighter which is bs,he is a big ww who fought @ jmw selectively, he just like gigi says that because they don't rehydrate to the amount their height allows that it means their small for their weight class despite having more height than canelo.
      Last edited by kushking; 04-15-2017, 11:05 PM.

Comment

From 140 to 154 there is not a real lot in body size across those divisions and height from about 5/7 to 5/11 , then from 154 to 168 the size of the fighters is a big jump because youre into raw boned guys well over 6ft.

So yes Canelo is a lot smaller in this but size is not his weapons, sharp accurate punches are and very good body shots is what they are counting on, with the CW Canelo can tear him up in the body.

Youre right it might not be easy for Canelo if he cant hurt Chavez he could be in real trouble down the track because he is not used to carrying this weight, but if he can hurt him he will take Chavez apart, I think the body shots will kill Chavez.

Interesting fight looking forward to it.

Comment

Fonfara is natural light heavyweight so size beat him...canelo has never faced any one as heavy or heavier than him and we still don't know how his chin willl hold up or stamina if he is in with a bigger fighter....its not ggonna be easy for canelo bolio......but we will see
          This is the key to the whole thing. The diva is a 168 pound boxer who has been killing herself to make 155 for years. There is a real, legitimate reason why she has been going through all that hassle too and it wasn't because she thought is was fun either.

Chavez is substantially taller, has a substantial reach advantage, will be just as "tough" as the diva, and will have a power edge over the diva. Forget the odds, this is an uphill battle for this chica.

Comment

while a lot of the attention has been on Chavez looking in good shape, I've been checking CAnelo and he looks better than ever too

as far as JR, he would still have to shed some pds and he is already cut so we'll see what happens in the final week.

Either way I'm sure he'll look better than Angulo did, who was the last opponent CAnelo fought of this type of style (throw in Liam smith if you'd like). Anyway, Angulo looked like a shell of a man and had the oliver mccall look on his face during the ring walk. And even with that, Angulo was somehow able to maneuver Canelo to the ropes multiple times and had Canelo tired in the 8th rd I think it was. Canelo beat the **** out of Angulo early on but couldnt put him out and he got tired in the process.

Canelo stamina has really improved since then, but I still wonder what would happen if he gets tired again like again against someone of a similar type who has more left in the tank. No way JR could be more lethargic and statuesque than that, or that slow. that's where my hope lies that this can be a good fight
            Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 04-15-2017, 11:48 PM.

Comment

I hope we see some good old mexican body punching...this fight has that feel. I didn't care about it when it was signed cuz of the disappointment on no ggg fight, but now I'm kinda hyped.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                Hes faced several fighters as big or bigger than him,hes 5'9" ffs people! Hes faced trout,lara,mayweather,kirkland,angulo, Mosely,kahn,smith who were all as tall or much taller than him,& most of them all rehydrate to the same weight or more than canelo,even mayweather looked about the same size & build as canelo. This nonsense about canelo only fighting smaller guys is bs,he fought a few guys with smaller builds,mostly when he was coming up but all those guys I listed are majority of recent fights,all these gigi fans spread hypocritical nonsense that makes people believe bs. And mayweathers biggest lie he was able to sell as truth was that he was a small ww not a true 154 lb fighter which is bs,he is a big ww who fought @ jmw selectively, he just like gigi says that because they don't rehydrate to the amount their height allows that it means their small for their weight class despite having more height than canelo.
                Seems like you have so much hate for Golovkin that you're completely ignoring his point. The fact that you're even comparing the 154 fighters in size to Chavez is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                  while a lot of the attention has been on Chavez looking in good shape, I've been checking CAnelo and he looks better than ever too

as far as JR, he would still have to shed some pds and he is already cut so we'll see what happens in the final week.

Either way I'm sure he'll look better than Angulo did, who was the last opponent CAnelo fought of this type of style (throw in Liam smith if you'd like). Anyway, Angulo looked like a shell of a man and had the oliver mccall look on his face during the ring walk. And even with that, Angulo was somehow able to maneuver Canelo to the ropes multiple times and had Canelo tired in the 8th rd I think it was. Canelo beat the **** out of Angulo early on but couldnt put him out and he got tired in the process.

Canelo stamina has really improved since then, but I still wonder what would happen if he gets tired again like again against someone of a similar type who has more left in the tank. No way JR could be more lethargic and statuesque than that, or that slow. that's where my hope lies that this can be a good fight
                  Canelo's looking beefy as hell. He's gotten scary over the past few months.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                    Canelo is not 5'9. 5'6 or 5'7 at most.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      That video is clearly edited.

But whatever it takes to get peopled hyped I guess.
                      I'll bet you had a good time telling your kids about Santa Claus too you joyless b@stard.

But, yea, that video has so much editing it makes Transformers look like it was shot by National Geographic.

Comment

Working...
                      X