No announcement yet.

David Haye helped a student do his homework

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    I'm trying to buy a small apartment block in Las Vegas. I wonder if Haye would help me?? Does anybody know the next cafe he'll be going to??

On a more serious note, this is the usual PR Bumpfh. If it actually happened the way related, It's unusual that Haye was able to see into the kid's mind to know what was wrong...... At the same time he showed effrontery-chutzpah- in going to a stranger and sticking himself into his affairs. Only a complete narcissist could do this, unless the kid was crying in despair; chewing a pencil is not enough....

What happened may have been that Haye related what his day's schedule normally would be in training for a fight, and the kid put it down in sequenced form. This "insight" shown by a normally slow kid delighted the teacher who responded accordingly. I don't see that Haye required any special talents to have done this, and if it's as related it was a nice gesture, but didn't really aid the kid except we can hope, in giving him some confidence.

I read from all this that Haye, that inveterate publicity seeker, goes to different cafes and other public places, and basks in the glory of public recognition. This is exactly his persona.

As Colonel Richard Meinertzhagen wrote in his famous diaries about his friend T.E. Lawrence's (of Arabia) false modesty and self-deprecation, "....he has a curious pechant for slowly backing into the limelight".......
    You know....your a horrible person. I mean it. No I am not mad but your whole need to basically destroy the possability of goodness as though it is an affront to something you stand for....well thats projection if you are calling Haye a narcasist.

See the thing is? you nor I know what happened... But to assume such negativity is a drain on that which enriches and enlivins us. There is no reason why an articulate, athletic guy like Hayes can't do something really nice for a kid....grow up.

And let me clarify something: My comment is not directed towards the tongue in cheek crowd, haha no harm done in teasing Haye...thats so not my point of contention.
    Last edited by billeau2; 04-17-2013, 07:08 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
      Cool story, I like Haye he's great for the sport when he's on his game, very talented fighter. I hate when people throw up the Wlad fight as an excuse for him being a bad fighter! I would bet on him beating any fighter other than Wladimir
      Agreed

Comment

Actually the real story is that Haye helped the young lad with an excuse for him not having his homework. So, he really didn't help the kid at all

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          You know....your a horrible person. I mean it. No I am not mad but your whole need to basically destroy the possability of goodness as though it is an affront to something you stand for....well thats projection if you are calling Haye a narcasist.

See the thing is? you nor I know what happened... But to assume such negativity is a drain on that which enriches and enlivins us. There is no reason why an articulate, athletic guy like Hayes can't do something really nice for a kid....grow up.

And let me clarify something: My comment is not directed towards the tongue in cheek crowd, haha no harm done in teasing Haye...thats so not my point of contention.
          Fantastic post tbh.

I always marvel about how people on NSB are able to make a negative out of anything a boxer they dislike does or says.

It takes a special kind of oddness to have that level of hatred for someone that you truly belive there is NO good in them, because they said something you didn't like or made a foolishexcuse in the heat of the mmoment

Comment

Working...
          X