Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the current Canelo who fought GGG beat the current Mayweather who fought Connor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
    Good question, Floyd being out of the game for a while and only spanking on McGregor since retirement, might be ripe for a plucking. But Canelo has looked disappointing to me most of the times I've watched him.

I think he still wouldn't be able to solve that defensive style that Floyd brings. It's a style that even older fighters can use well.
    His defense requires reflex's that allow him to go from offense to defense,,That is what made Hopkins and Toney suffer later in their careers..getting hit with shots they didn't use to get hit with and not being able to react with their own counters

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      I can see why you are labeled a club Fighter stick to the minors
      Aww, you're a little butt hurt cause I put poor little Cinnamon down.

I got news for you, Espana *IS* the minors, stick to futbol.

Comment

No weight drains Canelo kills him. Had Canelo not excepted a 152 pound fight he probably would have beat him back than
        Please explain how Canelo would have beat him last time when he was absolutely outboxed

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
          His defense requires reflex's that allow him to go from offense to defense,,That is what made Hopkins and Toney suffer later in their careers..getting hit with shots they didn't use to get hit with and not being able to react with their own counters
          Very true, but Hopkins & Toney fought for so much longer you can't compare them to Floyd. Their careers were almost twice as long, both started in 1988, Floyd in 96, big difference there.

Comment

No weight drains Canelo kills him. Had Canelo not excepted a 152 pound fight he probably would have beat him back than
            You can't kill anyone if you're running like a little girl.

...oh, and work on your spelling, grammar and punctuation, maybe we will be able to understand your dribble better.

Comment

Floyd loses to a LOT of fighters today, but he's 41 years old and will be 42 in February. No reason to hate on age winning...yet again

Comment

Very true, but Hopkins & Toney fought for so much longer you can't compare them to Floyd. Their careers were almost twice as long, both started in 1988, Floyd in 96, big difference there.
                True, True but you see what i mean

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                  True, True but you see what i mean
                  Yea but Floyd is still pretty fast for an old cat, Hopkins & Toney weren't. Plus, they ended up in heavier divisions not known for blazing speed.

I just feel that Canelo doesn't have the tools to solve that defensive puzzle. He looked so one dimensional against him and from what I've seen of him since then, nothing has changed.

Comment

hhhmmmm.....

active prime nelo vs inactive shot may.....let me see......

Comment

Yea but Floyd is still pretty fast for an old cat, Hopkins & Toney weren't. Plus, they ended up in heavier divisions not known for blazing speed.

I just feel that Canelo doesn't have the tools to solve that defensive puzzle. He looked so one dimensional against him and from what I've seen of him since then, nothing has changed.
                      Well, Robert Garcia is an Americanized style Mexican. Wasn't he born in California? Seems like his approach to beat Floyd from a boxer's point of view was to be completely unorthodox, the same thing they sold to the public with Conor's chances...

Chino has always been a B level fighter at best...

I cant see a Beristain or Nelo going for broke and forgetting their fundamentals out of pride to beat Floyd in Hulk manner. Logic tells you it could happen...

Take JCC Jr... he said Nacho didnt let him fight the way he wanted... JCC Jr. Coudlve been a KO sooner had he been more wreckless like his old style. JCC Jr. IS NO different than Chino in skill. Out of respect JCC jr. did as he was told per Nacho. Same thing could be said about Nelo against Floyd.

I don't think its possible to go hulk style unless you are under Roberto Garcia.

Comment

Working...
                      X