Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just how insane is America's tipping culture?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sup View Post
    So you guys don't tip at all where you live?
    I usually tip a minimum of 15%. The least amount I've ever tipped was .29 cents. This was nearly 10 years ago. I wrote it big as hell on the merchant copy so my waitress could show her friends how little I tipped. Her service was absolutely awful and I felt a .29 cent tip was better than tipping nothing lol

Comment

Tipping is bs. I avoid it as much as I can without looking like an A-hole.

Great service should be required of employees or you get fired, kinda like how sh^t works at any other job. And food joints should be paying employees a fair wage just like every other industry has to do.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
        I usually tip a minimum of 15%. The least amount I've ever tipped was .29 cents. This was nearly 10 years ago. I wrote it big as hell on the merchant copy so my waitress could show her friends how little I tipped. Her service was absolutely awful and I felt a .29 cent tip was better than tipping nothing lol
        I meant for the OP. Where does he live, in the UK?

Comment

I meant for the OP. Where does he live, in the UK?
          That or I think he's german

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
            Yes Beercules, you entitled ***** .

Just last month some leech barman tried to shame (I think it was an NBA player) after giving him a hundred dollar tip earlier just for passing him a bottle of vodka.
            I can literally only pour a beer or a shot. Maybe make a mojito but it'll taste like crap.

Comment

So you guys don't tip at all where you live?

Over here it's rude to not tip certain people, food delivery drivers, barber, waiter, taxi driver, bartender, etc.
              No one working behind a bar would be getting a tip, nor would they expect one.

Obviously there are occasions people would round a figure up as a supposed tip, but they would definitely not be working out any kind of percentages and certainly we are not talking 15 to 20 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                I can literally only pour a beer or a shot. Maybe make a mojito but it'll taste like crap.
                Hahahahahaha...dude, that was me when I tried my hand at bar tending. I was awful

Comment

I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                    Hahahahahaha...dude, that was me when I tried my hand at bar tending. I was awful
                    One time some hipster asked for a Manhattan. I literally was like sure I can do it!

Went outside and smoked a cigarette

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                      No one working behind a bar would be getting a tip, nor would they expect one.

Obviously there are occasions people would round a figure up as a supposed tip, but they would definitely not be working out any kind of percentages and certainly we are not talking 15 to 20 percent.
                      15-20% is primarily for good service by your waiter.

Everything else is more like....it's $12.50 for haircut, so give $15 and call it a day. Or the total for your pizza delivery is $21.35, so $25 will do.

Comment

Working...
                      X