No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Will Hit Colorado in March To Prepare For Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kushking View Post
    Ggg is not the type of fighter you can beat 12-0 on points,he will always win at least a few rds even when being thoroughly outboxed,just because his style requires either the fight is close & you can beat him on points,or if your winning by a landslide youll have to ko him because hell go for broke at that point. But I do think Canelo proved hes by far the better all around fighter(which has been obvious for years)
    Exactly. The same thing i was trying to point out.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Anybody know what part? Colorado Springs?
      Someone let me know too, I want to see his snake in person and find out if it lives up to the hype. Anyone know if he is training at publicly accessible gyms so I can catch a glimpse in the locker rooms?

Comment

don't matter where red balls trains he's still gonna run red balls will run like a coyote

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
          GGG gonna be reckless cuz he can't box Canelo with that touch jab crap and realizes he must eat more leather if he wants to punish Canelo!

GGG should switch it up and walk Canelo into bodyshots by feint up top and come down with either a short hook or upper to the pit!

On the other hand, if Canelo improves his stamina then GGG might get smoked! When Canelo let his hands go nearly everytime he was getting the better in exchanges and actually hurt GGG a couple times!

I think the rematch will be even better than the original!
          Which moments did he get hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
            No reason a 26 year old man should gas before a 35 year old man especially while throwing less punches than the 36 year old man. One camp in the mountains isn't gonna fix his stamina he needs to stay there for a few
            That’s because Alvarez has chosen to stay in that physique career long and is in his 4 th weight class since starting at 140 at 15. He was already a stocky looking teen at 140. Look at the tapes on YouTube, his physique then was like Ruslan Provodnikov. Then look at his fights at 147 and his physique is spectacular, looking like Oscar at 147. As eithe boxer gets bigger they look more slouchy with the accumulated weight. Same thing happened to Roy and Toney. Only difference is that Roy and Toney got away with PEDS in earlier days vs the boxers now.

Aside from all that, Alvarez had to rely on power shots to fend off Golovkin so to respect the power. That’s hard to do when he’s fighting the biggest opponent to date who happens to be the strong puncher he has faced whereas Gennady was just conserving power by just flicking jabs and trying to offset Canelo, so GGG did not tire like in his earlier fights. This is common sense. Anybody who hits the gym knows that when lifting heavier weights drains the calorie energy more than using free light weights.

Comment

whoopie..xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Morrie ATG View Post
                That’s because Alvarez has chosen to stay in that physique career long and is in his 4 th weight class since starting at 140 at 15. He was already a stocky looking teen at 140. Look at the tapes on YouTube, his physique then was like Ruslan Provodnikov. Then look at his fights at 147 and his physique is spectacular, looking like Oscar at 147. As eithe boxer gets bigger they look more slouchy with the accumulated weight. Same thing happened to Roy and Toney. Only difference is that Roy and Toney got away with PEDS in earlier days vs the boxers now.

Aside from all that, Alvarez had to rely on power shots to fend off Golovkin so to respect the power. That’s hard to do when he’s fighting the biggest opponent to date who happens to be the strong puncher he has faced whereas Gennady was just conserving power by just flicking jabs and trying to offset Canelo, so GGG did not tire like in his earlier fights. This is common sense. Anybody who hits the gym knows that when lifting heavier weights drains the calorie energy more than using free light weights.
                Chavez Jr is bigger than GGG they fought at a higher weight and Canelo threw more punches in that fight...

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                  Which moments did he get hurt?
                  Exactly. I know the went off balance because their feet got tangled up and Canelo landed a beautiful combo at the same time, but I never saw him hurt at all.

Heck, in that sequence, Canelo tried to jump on him and GGG backed him up to the ropes immediately.

Neither fighter was hurt in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                    Chavez Jr is bigger than GGG they fought at a higher weight and Canelo threw more punches in that fight...
                    He was fighting a drained bum. You can usually throw more punches when required to out little to no weight behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                      GGG gonna be reckless cuz he can't box Canelo with that touch jab crap and realizes he must eat more leather if he wants to punish Canelo!

GGG should switch it up and walk Canelo into bodyshots by feint up top and come down with either a short hook or upper to the pit!

On the other hand, if Canelo improves his stamina then GGG might get smoked! When Canelo let his hands go nearly everytime he was getting the better in exchanges and actually hurt GGG a couple times!

I think the rematch will be even better than the original!
                      I think that Canelo's best chance to win will come with his first half performance. He has to jump on GGG right away and already be ahead on points when GGG starts to heat up. Plus, as you say, let them hands go every time they are close. Peace.
                      Last edited by Gillie; 02-22-2018, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X