No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse-Kiram HBO Doubleheader Peaks at 769,000 Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    So he was wrong yes or no? If the bytch would of just admitted that he could of saved himself the embarrassment instead he doubled down talked shyt and tired to use Mikey mouse math to get to 14% a huge mark off from 40% BS that started all this. And I didn't have to calculate anything those are the direct percentages of homes in the US that have HBO and every other network see the link. Nielson states HBO is in 29% of homes and showtime is in 24% of homes. If you can't do that math or understand it that's your problem. But there is no math on earth that will get you to 40% percentage change or the percentage of total homes because the bytch made it up and then got his panties in a bunch when I called him out on it. But I'll wait for you to show me the cake equation that comes out to 40%. LMAO
    Dude are you ******ed? Read the posts.
    It's still not about 40%. He was mistaking the number of households who have Showtime and hbo.

You posted a source with 29 mio and 33.9 mio. And that is a difference of 14 or 16.9 percent depending from which direction you are calculating.
    That is basic math which is called percentage change.

You are talking about percentage points. That is subtracting 2 percentages, but that is not used to calculate the percentage.

Percentage is not percentage point.

Please read the following link:

https://sciencing.com/difference-bet...t-8409115.html

And then discuss it like a normal person.

I understand that you are using percentage points. You don't understand percentage (change).

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
      Dude are you ******ed? Read the posts.
      It's still not about 40%. He was mistaking the number of households who have Showtime and hbo.

You posted a source with 29 mio and 33.9 mio. And that is a difference of 14 or 16.9 percent depending from which direction you are calculating.
      That is basic math which is called percentage change.

You are talking about percentage points. That is subtracting 2 percentages, but that is not used to calculate the percentage.

Percentage is not percentage point.

Please read the following link:

https://sciencing.com/difference-bet...t-8409115.html

And then discuss it like a normal person.

I understand that you are using percentage points. You don't understand percentage (change).
      Dude again I copied Nielsen percentages for homes in US which they provide for all networks in a table so you can compare them to each other. If you have a problem how they do it then go cry to them if you don't want to take into account total homes when comparing the numbers just because you trying to help bytch boy save face that's your problem. But you are now arguing if this h0e is 100% wrong or just 80% wrong because you still haven't shown me the cakes equation that comes anywhere near his 40% claim even after changing the arguement to percentage change which he pulled out his azz and has been backtracking and making different excuses since. Dude just posted a 2014 HBO figure that is 4 years old and doesn't have showtime numbers in it to compare. He is all over the map his argument changes by the moment and now doesn't take Nielsen numbers as a valid source because those are "estimates" but refuses to point to a single link or source that has HBO and Showtime figures anywhere near the ballpark of 40%.

You 2 can jerk each other off as long as you want but before you guys cum please show me that equation that gets you 40% I'm waiting. LMAO

https://sportstvratings.com/how-many...stimates/7433/

Total homes in US with TV - 116M
      HBO PRIME 33,856 29% of US homes
      SHOWTIME 29,014 25% of US homes
      - Source Nielsen.

But HBO is on 40% more homes? SMH
      Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-31-2018, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Dude again I copied Nelson percentages for homes in US which they have for all networks in a table so you can compare them to each other. If you have a problem how they do it then go cry to them if you don't want to take into account total homes when comparing the numbers just because you trying to help bytch boy save face that's your problem. But you are arguing if this h0e is 100% wrong or just 80% wrong because you still haven't shown me the cakes equation that comes anywhere near his 40% claim even after changing the arguement to percentage change which he pulled out his azz and has been backtracking and making different excuses since. Dude just posted a 2014 HBO figure that is 4 years old and doesn't have showtime numbers in it to compare. His argument changes by the moment and now doesn't take Nelson numbers as a source because those are estimates but refuses to point to a single link or source that has HBO and Showtime figures anywhere near the ballpark of 40%.

You 2 can jerk each other off as long as you want but before you guys cum please show me that equation that gets you 40% I'm waiting. LMAO

- Source Nielsen.
        So do you understand percentage point and percentage now or not?
        Did you read the link? The Nielsen source doesn't give you the 4%.
        You calculated it by subtracting 29% with 25%.
        What did the link I posted state? You are calculating percentage points by subtracting the percentages. You don't calculate the percentages change by subtracting the percentages.

You decided for yourself to calculate the number that way.
        You could also have used the two absolute numbers to calculate the percentage change. But you didn't.

And again. The 40% was a throwaway number, he doesn't have a source so there is no reason that the number is right. I still don't know why you are so focused on that.

But again, the percentage change with your numbers from the Nielsen source can be calculated to 16.9% if you use the direction from the Showtime numbers and compare them with hbos.
        Or it is -14% if you calculate the direction from hbo to showtime.

Those are the percentage change. If you want to know how much more households have hbo compared to Showtime or vice versa. I can post you a link for the exact formula. But it is scary that you think this is mickey mouse math.

So in conclusion, the percentage change is 14 or 16,9% depending on the direction not 5%. If you don't want to bother with the direction, there is a formula to calculate the average change.

The percentage points difference is 5 percentage points.

In this context it is more useful to work out the percentage change, because from that value you can calculate how many viewers are relatively necessary in order to be on the same level.

Percentage points is not usually used to interpret numbers. It's used to mislead people as stated in the article I posted.

If you still don't understand this, that is your problem. But your inability to give ground is crazy.
        But i give you this. The 40% is wrong And was never right and I never said it was right.
        Last edited by asgarth; 01-31-2018, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Last years top 20 for HBO and Showtime. The off PPV numbers I am assuming is the following week rebroadcast.

I wonder how they compare with ESPN and PBC?
          Last edited by TJ highway; 01-31-2018, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Dude again I copied Nielsen percentages for homes in US which they provide for all networks in a table so you can compare them to each other. If you have a problem how they do it then go cry to them if you don't want to take into account total homes when comparing the numbers just because you trying to help bytch boy save face that's your problem. But you are now arguing if this h0e is 100% wrong or just 80% wrong because you still haven't shown me the cakes equation that comes anywhere near his 40% claim even after changing the arguement to percentage change which he pulled out his azz and has been backtracking and making different excuses since. Dude just posted a 2014 HBO figure that is 4 years old and doesn't have showtime numbers in it to compare. He is all over the map his argument changes by the moment and now doesn't take Nielsen numbers as a valid source because those are "estimates" but refuses to point to a single link or source that has HBO and Showtime figures anywhere near the ballpark of 40%.

- Source Nielsen.

But HBO is on 40% more homes? SMH
            My argument is very clear you need to compare apple to apples, so since HBO has more viewers you have to adjust that down or showtimes up so they are at equal levels for comparison purposes because if either had the other numbers of screens that should stay roughly equal.

So a fight on HBO that does 769,000 if they had the same amount of screens as Showtime that would equal to just over 661,000 and not make that list of yours, any Showtime fight the number would be multiplied by 1.16.

That is how you use stats, not the way you are.

Like I said the last number I saw were HBO 31.5ish and Showtime 23ish, which is 8.5 million or roughly a third.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/starz-no...14-1201399405/

These percentages would figure to be pretty close to the same as Showtime hasn't been great recently outside of boxing which I wouldn't figure would make up for decent to mediocre original programming. So them adding several million subscribers is surprising to me while HBO didn't add many at all which would seem normal. So I actually figured HBO added more because they have a much better schedule than Showtime which is why I threw out 40% off the rip but that was always an estimate anyway based off older numbers and what I perceived to be the direction of the brands outside of boxing.

You would also be skewing the numbers by using the bigger Showtime number and the smaller HBO number. HBO prime and Showtime prime or HBO work and Showtime. So the difference is more like HBO is over 5 million more so the percentages would be even higher if comparing apples to apples. So much intellectual dishonesty from you.

Still what I was saying about making the numbers equal is correct and you made yourself look like a fool about something you clearly know nothing about, and you exposed yourself.
            Last edited by The Gambler1981; 01-31-2018, 03:53 AM.

Comment

So do you understand percentage point and percentage now or not?
              Did you read the link? The Nielsen source doesn't give you the 4%.
              You calculated it by subtracting 29% with 25%.
              So do you understand or not that no matter which you use percentage point or percentage now this clown is flat out wrong and got caught bold face lying?
              And again. The 40% was a throwaway number, he doesn't have a source so there is no reason that the number is right. I still don't know why you are so focused on that.
              Because that's the whole reason all this started you idiot that's not a small point he flat out lied and got proven to be a liar. Why you glossing over that and sticking your nose in the middle like I slapped your boyfriend?

But again, the percentage change with your numbers from the Nielsen source can be calculated to 16.9% if you use the direction from the Showtime numbers and compare them with hbos.
              Or it is -14% if you calculate the direction from hbo to showtime.

Those are the percentage change. If you want to know how much more households have hbo compared to Showtime or vice versa. I can post you a link for the exact formula. But it is scary that you think this is mickey mouse math.
              No that's not true. lol It can be interpreted as 4% That's how you choose to interpret without taking into account the total number of homes dipshyt. For example when you watch the news results for an election or any polling they give you the 2 percentages based on the total number of votes. When they compare the 2 candidates do they simply compare the raw vote? Or do they compare the raw totals against the total votes then subtract the percentages?

Candidate A 188000 total votes 47%
              Candidate B 184000 total votes 46%

Using your logic candidate A is up 2.2% or 1% which is the one commonly used? But you keep sidestepping the fact that the larger point is whichever you use you don't get some bozo number like 15% like this loser did by throwing out 40% lie which started this all and you 2 h0es twisting your self like a pretzel to try and save face.
              FACT The Gambler1981 got caught bold face lying and got exposed then tried to double down and triple down his way out. Still waiting for to show me any numbers that show HBO is in 40% more homes using whichever way you want to interpret the numbers that doesn't exist or even come close.
              Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-31-2018, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                Like I said the last number I saw were HBO 31.5ish and Showtime 23ish, which is 8.5 million or roughly a third.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/starz-no...14-1201399405/
                Fist you post a link to a 2014 HBO bogus figure now you posting a 2015 HBO and Showtime figure which directly contradicts your first link of 45M you idiot which is it? Your story has changed like 5 times. Still nothing to refute my 2017 numbers and even this latest attempt which literally took you hours to come up with and STILL is nowhere near the BS 40% lie you made no matter how you interpret or try to compare the numbers. Dude take your phuking L and bounce. Next time just say my bad I was wrong and save some dignity. Or don't and keep going and I can keep clowning your bytch azzz. LMAO

Considering that HBO is in a lot more homes like 40% more
                FACT you lied and got exposed!

Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-31-2018, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Fist you post a link to a 2014 HBO bogus figure now you posting a 2015 HBO and Showtime figure which directly contradicts your first link of 45M you idiot which is it? Your story has changed like 5 times. Still nothing to refute my 2017 numbers and even this latest attempt which literally took you hours to come up with and STILL is nowhere near the BS 40% lie you made no matter how you interpret or try to compare the numbers. Dude take your phuking L and bounce. Next time just say my bad and save some dignity. Or don't and keep going and I can keep clowning your bytch azzz. LMAO
                  No it hasn't because the fact remains to use statics you have to make all things equal first, ask any person who does any work with stats.

There are a lot of numbers out there online, motley fool is a respected publication on business that is quoted daily. They would be including streaming services though.

My point stands you haven't changed that, it is just the percentage adjusting by, HBO still has more viewers than Showtime by more than 5 million is you use Showtime prime to HBO prime or HBO works to Showtime. I don't pay attention to Showtime viewership or HBO much so Showtime closing the gap is a surprise to me but not something I overly care about because HBO still has more screen so their number need to be adjusted down or Showtime up for a true comparison to be made using stats.

That you don't get any of that and don't realize how foolish you look is amusing.
                  Last edited by The Gambler1981; 01-31-2018, 04:06 AM.

Comment

FACT you lied and got exposed!

Why are you using the bigger Showtime number and the smaller HBO number? You are acting ling you are not shading things as you want them to appear, i may have been off in my estimation but I wasn't lying straight up here you are trying to make things look as good as possible for your argument by using the facts as you want them.

Why should people listen to you at all?

Comment

No it hasn't because the fact remains to use statics you have to make all things equal first, ask any person who does any work with stats.

There are a lot of numbers out there online, motley fool is a respected publication on business that is quoted daily. They would be including streaming services though.

My point stands you haven't changed that, it is just the percentage adjusting by, HBO still has more viewers than Showtime by more than 5 million is you use Showtime prime to HBO prime or HBO works to Showtime. I don't pay attention to Showtime viewership or HBO much so Showtime closing the gap is a surprise to me but not something I overly care about because HBO still has more screen so their number need to be adjusted down or Showtime up for a true comparison to be made using stats.

That you don't get any of that and don't realize how foolish you look is amusing.
                      then next time talk about about shyt you don't know about especially throwing out absurd numbers too boot then get your panties in bunch when someone points out you are wrong. You could of saved yourself some dignity by just saying my bad I was wrong

Comment

Working...
                      X