No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse-Kiram HBO Doubleheader Peaks at 769,000 Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Parroting numbers is different than actually understanding stats. Thanks for making that clear
    Wow you stupid and embarrassing yourself. Not only can you not read your bytch azz can't do simple math.

The total number of homes with TV is somewhere around 116M

So divide 33.8/116 = 29%
    29/116 = 25%

The difference in the percent of homes that have HBO vs Showtime is 4% how many more ways can I state this fact before you get it?
    Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-30-2018, 11:03 PM.

Comment

How do crap fights like this on hbo get more viewers than much better cards on Showtime??? Yes, hbo was the only channel that mattered for boxing back in the 1990's, early 2000's, but these are not even good fights now. hbo has proven they don't have to pay for the good fights to draw the same numbers as other networks have to.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Wow you stupid and embarrassing yourself. Not only can you not read your bytch azz can't do simple math.

The total number of houses with TV is somewhere around 116M

So divide 33.8/116 = 29%
        29/116 = 25%

The difference in the percent of homes that have HBO vs Showtime is 4% how many more ways can I state this fact before you get it?
        So 100 houses have Showtime. 20 households are watching the last showtime boxing broadcast.

Hbo is in 200 houses. How many houses have to watch the hbo boxing broadcast to have relatively the same success?

There are about 2000 households in the country.

Does hbo have a 5% or 100% difference in viewership?

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
          So 100 houses have Showtime. 20 households are watching the last showtime boxing broadcast.

Hbo is in 200 houses. How many houses have to watch the hbo boxing broadcast to have relatively the same success?

There are about 2000 households in the country.

Does hbo have a 5% or 100% difference in viewership?
          Are you stupid too? HBO spent most of last year drawing an avg of 900k viewers for their World Championship boxing cards and around 700K for their smaller budget Boxing After Dark cards. While showtime had only 3 cards period that eclipsed 600k viewers for their biggest budget fights. Only 4 cards even cracked 500K. Trying to explain this away with lies that HBO is in 40% more homes in the US is BS. The difference in homes in this country that don't have showtime is slight, in the low single digit that's a fact. Yet showtime is drawing 33% and at times as much as 50% lower ratings when HBO is only in exactly 4% more homes in the US.

And to shoot this theory down even more just back as recent as 2015 showtime was drawing almost neck and neck in ratings with the HBO and there isn't a big shift in viewership between the 2 companies since 2014/2015 if anything the percentage of homes is less today NOT bigger. So why have showtime ratings fallen off more and the gap has widened over that span for HBO? You need to come up with a new excuse for why showtime ratings are shyt and have fallen over the years more drastically then HBOs. Folks complaining about HBO ratings yet they just drew 944k viewers a month and half ago showtime hasn't drawn that many viewers in 3 years. HBO in 2014/2015 was avg over 1m for their top fights now they drawing 900K. Showtime was drawing around 1M and is now drawing 600-500K. One of those drops is bigger then the other and it's not HBO.
          Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-31-2018, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Are you stupid too? HBO spent most of last year drawing an avg of 900k viewers for their World Championship boxing cards and around 700K for their smaller budget Boxing After Dark cards. While showtime had only 3 cards period that eclipsed 600k viewers for their biggest budget fights. Only 4 cards even cracked 500K. Trying to explain this away with lies that HBO is in 40% more homes in the US is BS. The difference in homes in this country that don't have showtime is slight, in the low single digit that's a fact. Yet showtime is drawing 33% and at times as much as 50% lower ratings when HBO is only in exactly 4% more homes in the US.

And to shoot this theory down even more just back as recent as 2015 showtime was drawing almost neck and neck in ratings with the HBO and there isn't a big shift in viewership between the 2 companies since 2014/2015 if anything the percentage of homes is less today NOT bigger. So why have showtime ratings fallen off more and the gap has widened over that span for HBO? You need to come up with a new excuse for why showtime ratings are shyt and have fallen over the years more drastically then HBOs. Folks complaining about HBO yet they just drew 944k viewers a month and half ago showtime hasn't drawn that many viewers in 3 years. HBO in 2014/2015 was avg over 1m for their top fights now they drawing 900K. Showtime was drawing around 1M and is now drawing 600-500K. One of those drops is bigger then the other and it's not HBO.
            I'm not exactly commenting on Showtimes declining number. I don't disagree with your sentiments.

I just commented on your application of percentage.

If there are 10 pieces of cake and Showtime has 2 pieces and hbo has 4 pieces.
            Then hbo has COMPARED to showtime double the pieces of cake aka 100% more pieces of cake.

Going back to the numbers.
            Rounded up hbo is in 33,9 mio homes and Showtime in 29 mio homes.

So COMPARED to Showtime, hbo is in roughly 16,9% more households.
            Hbo needs to have 16,9% more viewers in order to have the same result as Showtime.

Comment

The total number of homes with TV is somewhere around 116M

So divide 33.8/116 = 29%
              29/116 = 25%

33.8 is how many more than 29? 4.8? correct?

4.8/33.8 is .142 correct?

.142 is what percentage?

To get 14 percent less than 100 is 86 correct?. to get 86 % of a number you multiply a number by .86? Correct?

Math lesson complete for the day, don't use stats if you don't understand what the math is about
              Last edited by The Gambler1981; 01-31-2018, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                I'm not exactly commenting on Showtimes declining number. I don't disagree with your sentiments.

I just commented on your application of percentage.

If there are 10 pieces of cake and Showtime has 2 pieces and hbo has 4 pieces.
                Then hbo has COMPARED to showtime double the pieces of cake aka 100% more pieces of cake.

Going back to the numbers.
                Rounded up hbo is in 33,9 mio homes and Showtime in 29 mio homes.

So COMPARED to Showtime, hbo is in roughly 16,9% more households.
                Hbo needs to have 16,9% more viewers in order to have the same result as Showtime.
                Exactly that was my point

Comment

https://www.fool.com/investing/gener...rs-but-ne.aspx

This here says HBO has more than 40 million subscribers~ so who I know the motley fool I don't know your website.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    33.8 is how many more than 29? 4.8? correct?

4.8/33.8 is .142 correct?

.142 is what percentage?

To get 14 percent less than 100 is 86 correct?. to get 86 % of a number you multiply a number by .86? Correct?

Math lesson complete for the day, don't use stats if you don't understand what the math is about
                    Idiot you said 40% more homes in the US. Nelson says 4% more homes in the US. FACT. Your too stupid to realise you have to compare the numbers to the total number of homes in the US. When you do that you see HBO is in 4% more homes in the US. I broke out the exact same simple 5th grade math equation that Nelson uses to calculate the same percenages and still you too dumb to get it. Take your L and move on. First you say 40% more homes now using this Mikey mouse math and calculating it incorrectly just to come up with 14% and still don't get it. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Comment

Idiot you said 40% more homes in the US. Nelson says 4% more homes in the US. FACT. Your too stupid to realise you have to compare the numbers to the total number of homes in the US. When you do that you see HBO is in 4% more homes in the US. I broke out the exact same simple 5th grade math equation that Nelson uses to calculate the same percenages and still you too dumb to get it. Take your L and move on. First you say 40% more homes now using this Mikey mouse math and calculating it incorrectly just to come up with 14% and still don't get it. Stop embarrassing yourself.
                      I see HBO at over 40 million domestic subscribers like 45. 45 is how much more than 29 million?

You have no clue what you are talking about? And if you are so sure about this why are you so angry? Anger and fury does not make your lack of understanding of stats any better.

Comment

Working...
                      X