No announcement yet.

America's best hope for an Olympic medal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's best hope for an Olympic medal

Haven't been following amateur boxing to much these days. Is this kid really the goods?

http://www.ozy.com/rising-stars/amer...tm_campaign=US

He's the truth. I don't follow amateurs really so idk his competition but he definitely has the skills to win gold.

Comment

yeah i like him a lot

he has shut out both muhammad ali and peter mcgrail, who are two of the better british amateurs right now in my opinion

robeisy ramirez, probably the most impressive cuban of the 2012 olympics, will also be competing in his weight class though

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing him. Glad American amateur boxing isn't completely dead. Depending on how this young man does it could help rejuvenate it again...hopefully!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            I'm looking forward to seeing him. Glad American amateur boxing isn't completely dead. Depending on how this young man does it could help rejuvenate it again...hopefully!
            MW Charles Conwell is another US fighter to look out for....the kid is the real deal.

American amateur boxing isn't dead...the scoring system is the problem.

Comment

Shakur is really good, he is undefeated at international level, he is always learning, in his own words he said he isn't the fastest, the strongest, but the smartest, southpaw with good technique and great selection of punches, is undefeated in the wsb also, but the biggest issue for him, is he is in the toughest weight class, Conlan and Robeisy for example, he hasn't fought any elite fighter before so this would be tough, but i have high hopes on him, i loved when he wooped Devin Haney.

Comment

I appreciate the info guys!

Comment

Working...
                X