No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
    Fight the guys boxing fans want to see you fight and there won't be a problem.

Pretty simple concept that has kept the sport going for decades.
    Somehow you're putting all of this on Mayweather's shoulders as if he can snap his fingers and please all of the fans, well he can't. Do you even have any concept of what it takes to put on a big fight, all of the negotiations and posturing that's involved? What keeps fights from happening and fans unhappy? Promoters bro, promoters......

So although we are very emotional and enthusiastic about the sport, as we should be we're fans, the reality is that boxing is a business period. And the ones making money have no such emotionalism, all they see are numbers and the green that's attached to them.

To place blame solely on Floyd for fights not happening is to simplify a business model that's cold, calculating, and very lucrative......

Comment

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post
      Right. Let's see Canelo take on Ward at 168. Bet Ward would make cinnamon crumplings out of Canelo.
      Oh this is supposed to cover up Floyd's "I never use catchweights, I am not that kind of guy, I want a guy to come in the weight he is comfortable with" talk????? Man, fuking leave and save face.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
        What, and RG did by dint of fighting Aydin and the mighty Berto?

A tip : try not to pull 'but he was the mando' out of your ass as your lot have already made yourselves look like total bumsniffs all through this thread. Just trying to make this more level....no catchweight
        RG wanted to fight Floyd so he went to his weight. I did NOT by one second look at RG as a cherrypick, I thought he would beat Floyd. I dont care if he was a mandatory or not. I was glad that Floyd fought him.

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          Oh look, it's junior gong hating in a Floyd thread again lol. Like I've been saying cAnelo is too big and Floyd knows it.
          And Floy is scared, and he knows it, and you know it.

Why in he***ll ?? who knows? he has the tools to beat the ginger boy @ 154, he just some times don't have the balls to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post
            Right. Let's see Canelo take on Ward at 168. Bet Ward would make cinnamon crumplings out of Canelo.

Lol floms

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
              I already said, any fight at 54, is a bonus fight for Floyd. He isnt OBLIGATED to fight at those weights, thats his personal choice if he wants to put his 36 yr old body through that. And YES Floyd did duck Pac, margarita, and Cotto.
              When you win a belt in a division, and hold on it,

you are obligated to fight the divisions best.

Comment

• Things Floyd fans have discussed in this thread so far:

1. Pacquiao
                2. GGG
                3. Ward
                4. Hopkins
                5. Dawson
                6. Cotto

What this thread is actually about:

Mayweather attempting to fight a drained Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
                  And Floy is scared, and he knows it, and you know it.

Why in he***ll ?? who knows? he has the tools to beat the ginger boy @ 154, he just some times don't have the balls to do so.
                  This is accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    Apparently you didn't see that his post was a joke which was obvious with how he slowly moved Canelo's weight up to 175! Now the joke is on you.
                    Ok I'm just giving my thoughts, Im not to worried either way they make the fight good, they dont no worries for me. So Im cool with the joke being on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBOGGS78 View Post
                      No doubt it's harder to lose than it is to gain, but you are begging to fight a 147 pounder maybe you might have to give a little to get what you want is the point. I mean there are other fights for Canelo that would be entertaining at JMW so Floyd is not his only option but he wants the money that Mayweather brings. I mean I'm sure people would watch Canelo vs Angulo or Kirkland or Lara or Martinez.
                      no ones begging - that's the fight he wants so he asking to fight another fighter who is considered a 147-154 lb fighter. Mayweater has 1 of 2 and 2 of past 6 fights there. I could see if he never fights there, but he has on a couple of occasions - what that's only gonna be done if he doesn't think it's a challenge - vs thirty-something fighters on the downside?

Comment

Working...
                      X