Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 01-20-2020, 01:31 AM #1

Quoted: 4304 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,543.29
Total Points: 90,520.83
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 
Default McGregor laughs off Jorge Masvidalís attempt to get his attention at UFC 246

They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery, but Conor McGregor might disagree.

As the former two-division champion rattled a left high kick off Donald ďCowboyĒ Cerroneís head in the UFC 246 main event, Jorge Masvidal sat cageside in anticipation of catching McGregorís attention afterward.

He was not only in attendance as a special guest fighter, but the reigning ďBMFĒ champion wore the same Versace robe that McGregor wrapped around himself during an open workout for his 2017 boxing match against Floyd Mayweather.

Apparently wearing the robe out in public isnít the same as putting it on after an intense training session, and McGregor couldnít help himself when given the chance to mock Masvidalís fight night attire.

ďTalk about blowing it,Ē McGregor said when reacting to Masvidalís outfit at UFC 246. ďIf you ask me, that was ridiculous. I donít know what was going on there. The old ladies in Ireland wear the house coats watching soap operas.

ďSo Iím like whatís this guy sitting there? I donít know, whatever, all the best. I know what it is [wearing the same robe]. Why? I donít know either. Iím just whatever. I donít know.Ē

When it came to a possible fight with Masvidal in the future, McGregor wasnít ready to commit to any particular opponent following his win over Cerrone. But he did say he wanted to stay active in 2020.

He added that a showdown against Masvidal would interest him, but heís certainly not singling him out as the only opponent he would face next.

ďOf course [I would fight him], letís see what happens,Ē McGregor said. ďIíd like to scoop up ó thatís not a great belt is it? But Iíll still take it. Add it to the list.Ē

There are a long list of options available right now, but if Masvidalís wardrobe was chosen to draw McGregorís ire, it may have backfired rather spectacularly.

ďIt wasnít a good night for Jorge if you ask me,Ē McGregor said. ďAll the best to him. God loves a trier.Ē
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends