No announcement yet.

List Cotto's top 5 wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    Funny troll. Robbing Clottey means he wasn't shot but winning 2 more divisional titles (including one lineal) and defending them is nothing.
    Was affected by the blood off a headbutt and the Clottey fight was a 1 point either way fight. Not a robbery a close fight where it's possible either guy won.

Martinez was not in his prime. He probably lost to Murray and had a bum knee. The Geale win is solid but GGG had already obliterated him (and gets no props) and it was at a B.S catch weight.

Comment

I considered all the fighters mentioned above, the timing, and the manner of the win. Cotto's best win is Zab Judah, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
        I actually thought he lost the Clottey fight.

His best wins are actually pretty poor when you consider he had been held in high regard. He doesn't really have a decisive win over another top fighter at the time of fighting.

Cotto as one of the best modern fighters has always been a myth.
        I thought the same. Was a good fight too.

Comment

1. Shane Mosley
          2. Zab Judah
          3. Sergio Martinez
          4. Carlos Quintana
          5. Ricardo Torres/Clottey

Who in this room predicted that Cotto would dominate Sergio Martinez. If you did please provide proof.

The Clottey fight was real close but correct me if I'm wrong. Did Cotto not drop him with a jab. And didn't Cotto outwork him late to get that victory?

Comment

cotto should be undefeated when you look at it. stop being boxrec cowards!

Comment

He's overrated larry

We get it, most people would agree

He went live and death with austin trout, lost almost all of his big fights

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                He's overrated larry

We get it, most people would agree

He went live and death with austin trout, lost almost all of his big fights
                He got completely dominated by Trout but he wasn't near his prime for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  He got completely dominated by Trout but he wasn't near his prime for that fight.
                  larry wants to pretend cotto was great at that point because thats when floyd fought him. he doesnt want to admit floyd was a past prime cherry picker. he pretends mosley, hoya, cotto, and pac were all great when floyd fought him. thats why you will see him reel off those list of names but never when he fought them of course. and i called him larry because any floyd fan is a larry.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Correct. He still had enough to beat Clottey in a tough fight after Margarito. He did nothing after Pacquaio which was another shallacking to a fighter that was already on the way down. His prime ended with Margarito his days as an elite fighter ended with Pac. I don't pay much attention to that fight either because of the catch weight.
                    So how was he competitive with Canelo and Mayweather then?

Comment

IMO

Mosley
                      Martinez
                      Clottey
                      Judah
                      Quintana

Comment

Working...
                      X