No announcement yet.

Martin Shkreli got 7 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
    Im not hating on this dude. I respect his business sense.
    His business sense?

From what I understand of what he did he basically stole from Peter to pay Paul (& I heard ponzi a couple times mentioned in there, but I know the government likes to throw around that term freely so idk how legit that was) & it just happened to work out in this rare case. He still stole from Peter & thats not good business sense thats a crime lol.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Yeah, but he didn't do any of that though.
      Did his price gouging lead to people not being able to afford their pills.

Did any of them die earlier than expected because of lack of medication?

If so, then he did.

A crazy corrupt system that allows such a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Delay View Post
        He needs to serve the full 7 years with no time off for any good behavior. This guy is gonna have fun in the clink.
        Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        He got 7 years and already served 6 months, which means he has another 1-3 years to go before he is out on parole. He'll go to the same prison Jordan Belfort and other white collar criminals went to.
        Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        The prick should have received 77 years.
        Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        In America, you can cause the deaths of thousands, rip off poor people of and take everything away from them, for them just to live.

But you dare try and fool some rich shareholders and you're going straight to the big house.
        he won't go to federal "pound me in the @ss prison", he'll do 5 years in a minimum security country club jail where he'll play golf and have conjugal visits. he reminds me of bernie madoff and his ponzi schemes, at least skreli should be in a real jail sharing a cell with Ty-ron, a 6'6" black meth head with priapism

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Did his price gouging lead to people not being able to afford their pills.

Did any of them die earlier than expected because of lack of medication?

If so, then he did.

A crazy corrupt system that allows such a thing.
          From my understanding there were like 1,200 or some sort of low number of people on this drug, hence the high cost or part of the reason anyway, & either people were able to afford it or got it for free. Idk if thats 100% fact, but I've heard people say it numerous times since that whole thing got newsworthy hence it seemed more non-story-ish to me than the media was trying to make it.

Comment

He paid da cost for being da boss.

Comment

Working...
            X