Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was there a certain event in your life that changed your political views? Or...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted for Ann Richards (D) for Governor when she ran against Clayton Williams in 1990.

She vetoed a concealed carry bill, and gave us hate crime and seat belt laws.

By the time her reelection bid came up, I couldn't wait to vote for whoever ran against her. That happened to be W Bush.

I've not voted for a Democrat since.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Damn. What are you saying?
      We got some confused mixed folks up in here.
      Damn shame! The Fugitive Slave law has been disbanded years ago. Y'all aint gotta hide no more.

We is safe now. Massa can't catch us no mo'.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        Damn. I unexpectedly ran into a hat-trick.
        Why you laughing? You also believe you are White too but you aren't.
        Jesus Christ! This got good quick.
        Does that make us the Kluless Klux Klan?

Comment

Different things change us as we get older. The 2016 election made the left look awful or well, they actually did that to themselves. I was happy to see the fall but I didn't realize it would be quite THAT pathetic. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            I voted for Ann Richards (D) for Governor when she ran against Clayton Williams in 1990.

She vetoed a concealed carry bill, and gave us hate crime and seat belt laws.

By the time her reelection bid came up, I couldn't wait to vote for whoever ran against her. That happened to be W Bush.

I've not voted for a Democrat since.

I can't tell you how many similar stories I've heard to this. The dems really know how to drop a voter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post

I can't tell you how many similar stories I've heard to this. The dems really know how to drop a voter.
              Richards was the last (D) to win a statewide race in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                Does that make us the Kluless Klux Klan?
                Maybe y'all wish but they woulda had y'all properly roped up.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  I grew up hardcore white guilt, if a black person did me wrong it was the white man fault. And would ignore it saying its for what the white man did etc
                  LOL Wtf? Did you have parents around?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    Maybe y'all wish but they woulda had y'all properly roped up.
                    I guess that's the end of the line (literally) for us

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                      Different things change us as we get older. The 2016 election made the left look awful or well, they actually did that to themselves. I was happy to see the fall but I didn't realize it would be quite THAT pathetic. LOL
                      This pretty much explains it. The 2016 US presidential election was the turning point for a lot of people. A few members even said so on the 1st page. I think the social justice warriors aren't helping with recruiting people into the left, they're just making it easier for people to be apathetic or go into a different direction politically.

Comment

Working...
                      X