Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mike Tyson a "Game quitter" against Buster Douglas like Teddy said?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikedb1984 View Post
    Yeah He later said when He was in Japan he was ****ing those japaneese girls left and right like a king eating grapes. He said he didn't take the fight serious and was partying to hard because the people over there was treating him like a king and mike was taking advantage of that. I really cant blame him because If I was 23 or so in that situation I might have fell into the same trap.
    Exactly and if you have a manager like Don King milking the **** outta you, who you gonna go to, to learn how to behave like a true man?(Cus dead, Teddy fired and the other guy was also fired if i'm right?)

Comment

I would never call Tyson a quitter based on the Douglas fight, I do in fact agree that it was a good display of his fighting heart.

Tyson took more punishment in that fight than any other heavyweight I have ever seen, period. I don't think there are more than a handful of heavyweights of all time that would have stood up to Douglas' bombs for as long as Tyson did.

Even late in his career against Lennox Tyson absorbed a huge amount of punishment before being stopped. I think 9 out of 10 fighters in Tyson's spot would not have come out of their corner for another round.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard
        But he did get up before the count of 10....
        His mind was still lying somewhere.
        What I meant was - nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'J View Post
          His mind was still lying somewhere.
          What I meant was - nevermind.
          ???

He got up. I doubt he could even hear the count properly.

He was having a tough time just picking up the mouth piece. Not only did he have gloves on but he probably saw 3 of them.

It was the first time he was knocked down as well so it's not like he was prepared for it. Then the mouth piece came out...first time. And then you factor in where his body and mind was at that point in time, I think it is pretty accruate what he says.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
            I would never call Tyson a quitter based on the Douglas fight, I do in fact agree that it was a good display of his fighting heart.

Tyson took more punishment in that fight than any other heavyweight I have ever seen, period. I don't think there are more than a handful of heavyweights of all time that would have stood up to Douglas' bombs for as long as Tyson did.

Even late in his career against Lennox Tyson absorbed a huge amount of punishment before being stopped. I think 9 out of 10 fighters in Tyson's spot would not have come out of their corner for another round.
            I actually watch that fight a bit differently now after hearing Oliver McCall say that Douglas hit harder than Lennox Lewis.

I do remember hearing Holyfield say he went into the fight a bit cautious of Douglas's jab because he saw Douglas drop someone with a jab and was surprised at how powerful it was.

Comment

Working...
            X