Collapse
No announcement yet.

taking it easy from now on

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain damage in boxing is not something that just happens after one gym war. It happens slowley over time, but one day you will be talking and sluring your words and then you will think to yourself, how did I get like this?

Its not an if it happens, or maybe it will happen. If you engage in frequent gym wars, you will end up with chronic brain injury, and long term side effects usualy reserved for Pros.

Headgear doesnt protect you from brain damage. It protects you from cuts. Telling sombody to toughen up is the worst advise you could ever give anyone. The brain does not get tougher. Its quite the opposite, the more damage you sustain, the less damage it can take. Its like a car, if you thrash it around enough it will break, but there isnt a place on earth you can go to undo the thrashing.

It doesnt only happen to people that engage in gym wars, but if you dont engage in gym wars, you have a much much much much better chance of dodging the proverbial bullet.

So remember, you only have one brain, and it doesnt grow back.

Comment

in the process of doing this its goona take a few tries hes alot faster than me

Comment

timing beats speed. Throw that jab son.. Step that **** all the way to his face then move back immediately. See how he reacts... Im sure he will get mad if all he wants to do is slug.. Just keep moving away.. as he come towards you throwing these punches try to slip a couple of body shots then work your way upstairs. Try landing a leading right straight also if you can. Works for me... Try to feint alot and see how he reacts then boom.. You gonna catch him.. Just think smart.. if he wanna slug it doesn't mean you have to slug also.. Let him fight your fight... Make that ni99a chase you.. Use that jab.. make him look funny and lost in the ring.. Im pretty sure he will say to him self "DAMN i got outboxed!" lol

Comment

I know what you mean but you will eventually have to spar with him again. It will help you. You need to take a break from sparring (at least a week) and try to learn some new skill. The week after that, try what you learned on the kid and see if you are improving.

Comment

It should be a progression, you don't start off sparring full bore ! Start off with 30% then move upwards

Hurting newbies for ego purposes is stupid.

Comment

Working...
            X