Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy President: Gamboa Wants to Fight Lomachenko Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say sure, after Gamboa proves he is still world class after 2 or 3 fights. If Loma fought him now and beat him, all we would hear is Gamboa was old, inactive etc, just like with Walters.

Comment

What a waste of talent Gamboa is. Has he even fought since Crawford?

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        I say sure, after Gamboa proves he is still world class after 2 or 3 fights. If Loma fought him now and beat him, all we would hear is Gamboa was old, inactive etc, just like with Walters.
        But if he doesn't fight him now it's duck. Same old story.

Comment

Wow!!! If Gamboa wasn't so inactive this would be a Tru boxers wet dream...

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
            Why rush? Golden Boy needs to be patient with Gamboa. He's had a long lay off, if he is unfazed this weekend bring him back 2 to 3 months.

Next fight how about a fight with Roman Martinez, Miguel Roman, or Tevin Farmer.

Loma vs Gamboa by years end would be more realistic. But not next
            Sound advice. But I would go out at least 3-4 fights before Loma. Earliest would be late 2018. Early 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
              THEY FED DAVID LEMEIUX TO GGG RIGHT AWAY.... THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT CANELO.... CANELO IS THE ONLY FIGHTER IN THAT COMPANY THAT MAKES THEM MONEY... THEY USED UP BANDIDO IN 3 BACK TO BACK TO BACK WARS AND PROBABLY SHORTENED HIS CAREER BY 5 YEARS!
              Not sure about they only care about Canelo and of course he's makes most of all there money. However Canelo makes more than all active fighters currently and brings more business than anyone.

Vargas wasn't used up. Berchelt was mandatory and they consulted with his manager to make sure that was there best move.

Keep in mind Gamboa is a talent they need to showcase more fights on HBO especially since Vargas is going to be out awhile and Hopkins retired.

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
                THEY FED DAVID LEMEIUX TO GGG RIGHT AWAY.... THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT CANELO.... CANELO IS THE ONLY FIGHTER IN THAT COMPANY THAT MAKES THEM MONEY... THEY USED UP BANDIDO IN 3 BACK TO BACK TO BACK WARS AND PROBABLY SHORTENED HIS CAREER BY 5 YEARS!
                ???? He made C-class fighter Lemueix $1,5000,000 for that fight. GB did the best thing ever for his client.... You see what he's getting now??? And Saunders almost LOST to a BUM trying to sale his belt!! These MW's SUK!!! $1.5 is DREAM MONEY. NO MW pays better then GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  Sound advice. But I would go out at least 3-4 fights before Loma. Earliest would be late 2018. Early 2019.
                  dude is already 36-37 though

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
                    Not sure about they only care about Canelo and of course he's makes most of all there money. However Canelo makes more than all active fighters currently and brings more business than anyone.

Vargas wasn't used up. Berchelt was mandatory and they consulted with his manager to make sure that was there best move.

Keep in mind Gamboa is a talent they need to showcase more fights on HBO especially since Vargas is going to be out awhile and Hopkins retired.
                    I PERSONALLY THINK GAMBOA IS PERFECT FOR THEIR ESPN2 DEAL.... NO ONE REALLY CARES ABOUT QUIGLEY VS TAPIA.... GAMBOA WOULD HAVE BEEN THE BEST WAY TO OPEN UP THEIR FIGHT SCHEDULE ON ESPN2..... THE FUTURE OF BOXING IS ON FREE TV... PBC AND HAYMON HAVE CHANGED THE GAME.... HBO PPV HAS BEEN KILLING BOXING AND NOW PBC IS KILLING THE PPV MODEL.... WILDER VS WASHINGTON PEAKED AT 2.5MILLION VIEWERS AND THURMAN VS GARCIA PEAKED AT 5.1 MILLION VIEWERS.... THE MORE EYE BALLS ON BOXING THE BETTER FOR THE SPORT....

Comment

Great fight,i would love too see that in time

Comment

Working...
                      X