No announcement yet.

Perfect time to cash in on that 154-168 claim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Loeffler didn't petition the WBC for a 50/50 split doe.
    Ok. So why are you saying the split would't be 60/40 or 55/45 if that's the normal split. To make it 70/30 someone would have to petition the WBC to change the normal splits

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Asking you again ... why do you think Canelo didn't offer GGG $10million and 160 when he still had the WBC belt?
    I explained it in a long post that you said you stopped reading. If you want the answer go back and read it. I explained it pretty well.

Cliff notes: If he turned down $10 mil now he would've turned it down then when it would've been more money due to the mandatory split.

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    I think he's going for the ignore button. His thread, same old tactics
    I only hit the ignore button on people who can't hold a respectful conversation. Like I hit the ignore button on you after you stopped debating and started calling names. Then you went on my page wanting me to take the ignore button off, which I did.

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    and maybe he will take that offer when the time comes, if his team is unable to negotiate better terms between now and next April or May.

The point is that they would be idiots to accept the first offer, a year away, without at least trying to make a better deal for their fighter. And besides, you are talking out of your arse if you think you know what details were in the offer. Were there financial terms regarding a rematch? (you dont know), were there financial penalties if Canelo pulls out? (you dont know)

You dont know squat about the offer other than oscar saying it was 8 figures. You dont know a damn thing besides that yet you babble on and on and on and on about how GGGs team should have accepted it immediately a year out, with several intervening bouts. Only a noob would accept a deal under those conditions......
    Loeffler didn't refute it was a " eight figure offer". If he disputed it let me know. You should always try to make a better deal. But my problem is you guys trying to say $10 mil to fight Canelo is a bad deal because of a PPV split. You know that's not a bad deal. And if you don't know why I'll lay out the reasons for you and feel free to dispute each one

1. GGG has never made $10 mil in a fight and won't ever come close to making that much in his career. People bring up Manny and Floyd as an example but that's a bad example. Manny was damn near making $40 mil per fight. He would've made more than $40 mil in two fights, almost double. GGG would have to fight 5 times to make $10 mil and none of the fights would be on PPV and none of the fights would bring the same reward as beating Canelo on PPV.

2. Beating Canelo is worth more than $10 mil. It's an investment in yourself as a fighter. You beat Canelo and you become the man. Like Floyd and Manny did when they beat Oscar. Floyd made close to $20 mil. He was a bigger draw than GGG is now and Oscar was a bigger draw than Canelo is now.

3. Before the offer GGG said $2 mil was a low offer and the fight should be 50/50. I hope even you as a GGG fan will admit this isn't a 50/50 split fight. That's ridiculous. He felt $2 mil was low but ending up getting offered 4x's that much and he still thinks it's low?

4. Canelo has time on his side. GGG doesn't. As we've seen today Golden Boy is already starting to move on to bigger fights. Chavez vs Canelo is a bigger fight than GGG vs. Canelo. That's a million PPV's no doubt and big time Mexican TV and sponsorship money.

5. He could fight Lemieux, Saunders, and Chavez Jr this year and that would be a great year for him.Chavez Jr on Cinco De Mayo weekend is a big money fight. I hate the Chavez Jr fight but I know that fight is huge and will make a lot of money. If he's able to fight in Feb he'll fight Lemieux, a common GGG opponent. Then fight Saunders in September. That's a great year for Canelo and it doesn't involve GGG. A stay busy fight against a former champ to get used to the weight. The fight all of Mexico wants to see. The WBO middleweight belt. That's a legit year right there. And all the while GGG is fighting Heiland and Blanco getting another year older and becoming more irrelevant.

6. GGG has to do something now! He'll be 35 in Sept 2017. Another year older and another year fighting nobodies. Canelo can bide his time. He can also fight anybody he wants to fight. Everybody from 147 to 168 is waiting on Canelo to give them a call. While another year goes by and GGG is claiming everybody is ducking him while turning down eight figure offers but he can't even afford to pay his opposition $2 mil.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      I didnt bring up Floyd, another poster did and was trying to say that since Floyd was able to fight for 154 titles while still holding on to 147 titles then GGG should be able to do the same thing. I simply pointed out that Floyd and GGG are not treated the same way by the sanctioning bodies. That is a fact.
      Floyd was able to do that not because of some special treatment. It was because the only org which doesn't allow it is the WBO which Floyd didn't have. GGG doesn't have it either so he could do it too if he wanted to. Brook just fought for the IBF, and WBC middleweight title while holding the IBF title at another weight class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Ok. So why are you saying the split would't be 60/40 or 55/45 if that's the normal split. To make it 70/30 someone would have to petition the WBC to change the normal splits

I explained it in a long post that you said you stopped reading. If you want the answer go back and read it. I explained it pretty well.

Cliff notes: If he turned down $10 mil now he would've turned it down then when it would've been more money due to the mandatory split.

I only hit the ignore button on people who can't hold a respectful conversation. Like I hit the ignore button on you after you stopped debating and started calling names. Then you went on my page wanting me to take the ignore button off, which I did.

Loeffler didn't refute it was a " eight figure offer". If he disputed it let me know. You should always try to make a better deal. But my problem is you guys trying to say $10 mil to fight Canelo is a bad deal because of a PPV split. You know that's not a bad deal. And if you don't know why I'll lay out the reasons for you and feel free to dispute each one

1. GGG has never made $10 mil in a fight and won't ever come close to making that much in his career. People bring up Manny and Floyd as an example but that's a bad example. Manny was damn near making $40 mil per fight. He would've made more than $40 mil in two fights, almost double. GGG would have to fight 5 times to make $10 mil and none of the fights would be on PPV and none of the fights would bring the same reward as beating Canelo on PPV.

2. Beating Canelo is worth more than $10 mil. It's an investment in yourself as a fighter. You beat Canelo and you become the man. Like Floyd and Manny did when they beat Oscar. Floyd made close to $20 mil. He was a bigger draw than GGG is now and Oscar was a bigger draw than Canelo is now.

3. Before the offer GGG said $2 mil was a low offer and the fight should be 50/50. I hope even you as a GGG fan will admit this isn't a 50/50 split fight. That's ridiculous. He felt $2 mil was low but ending up getting offered 4x's that much and he still thinks it's low?

4. Canelo has time on his side. GGG doesn't. As we've seen today Golden Boy is already starting to move on to bigger fights. Chavez vs Canelo is a bigger fight than GGG vs. Canelo. That's a million PPV's no doubt and big time Mexican TV and sponsorship money.

5. He could fight Lemieux, Saunders, and Chavez Jr this year and that would be a great year for him.Chavez Jr on Cinco De Mayo weekend is a big money fight. I hate the Chavez Jr fight but I know that fight is huge and will make a lot of money. If he's able to fight in Feb he'll fight Lemieux, a common GGG opponent. Then fight Saunders in September. That's a great year for Canelo and it doesn't involve GGG. A stay busy fight against a former champ to get used to the weight. The fight all of Mexico wants to see. The WBO middleweight belt. That's a legit year right there. And all the while GGG is fighting Heiland and Blanco getting another year older and becoming more irrelevant.

6. GGG has to do something now! He'll be 35 in Sept 2017. Another year older and another year fighting nobodies. Canelo can bide his time. He can also fight anybody he wants to fight. Everybody from 147 to 168 is waiting on Canelo to give them a call. While another year goes by and GGG is claiming everybody is ducking him while turning down eight figure offers but he can't even afford to pay his opposition $2 mil.
        What? I never asked to be taken off ignore, and I was all civil when you banned me repeatedly for dismantling your threads and arguments. You just can't help yourself, with the lying and spinning. You do that professionally?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          What? I never asked to be taken off ignore, and I was all civil when you banned me repeatedly for dismantling your threads and arguments. You just can't help yourself, with the lying and spinning. You do that professionally?
          Yep you are correct. I just checked and it was elgu Honestly I rarely read the names I just read the comments. All of you are the same to me. I know why I put people on ignore. I had to put OnePunch on ignore once when he started the name calling. I use it as a timeout when people let their emotions take over. Once I feel you've calmed down and are capable of having an adult conversation I'll take you off ignore. I'm not like Eastcoast who puts people on ignore for challenging him then takes them off ignore to post in their threads then puts them back on ignore after he posts in your thread. Once you're on my ignore list there is no contact until I feel you're ready to get out of timeout. Or if people come in my topic complaining about what I wrote I'll put them on ignore since they can't seem to find the button themselves.
          Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 12-13-2016, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Yep you are correct. I just checked and it was elgu Honestly I rarely read the names I just read the comments. All of you are the same to me. I know why I put people on ignore. I had to put OnePunch on ignore once when he started the name calling. I use it as a timeout when people let their emotions take over. Once I feel you've calmed down and are capable of having an adult conversation I'll take you off ignore. I'm not like Eastcoast who puts people on ignore for challenging him then takes them off ignore to post in their threads then puts them back on ignore after he posts in your thread. Once you're on my ignore list there is no contact until I feel you're ready to get out of timeout. Or if people come in my topic complaining about what I wrote I'll put them on ignore since they can't seem to find the button themselves.
            Ok I'll give you a pass this time, I suppose. You're a cut above the average Nsb hate troll, you've earned it. Now where's that link with Hbo demanding a Kovalev OR Ggg fight in exchange for televising Wards tuneups?

Comment

Floyd was able to do that not because of some special treatment. It was because the only org which doesn't allow it is the WBO which Floyd didn't have. GGG doesn't have it either so he could do it too if he wanted to. Brook just fought for the IBF, and WBC middleweight title while holding the IBF title at another weight class.
              so being able to have a 147 title fight count as a 154 mandatory defense isnt "special treatment"?

GTFOH with that nonsense

Comment

so being able to have a 147 title fight count as a 154 mandatory defense isnt "special treatment"?

GTFOH with that nonsense
                You said hold belts in one weight class while while fighting for a title in a different weight class. Which is exactly what Brook did against GGG.

I didnt bring up Floyd, another poster did and was trying to say that since Floyd was able to fight for 154 titles while still holding on to 147 titles then GGG should be able to do the same thing. I simply pointed out that Floyd and GGG are not treated the same way by the sanctioning bodies. That is a fact.
                Now the scenario you just brought up is special treatment that no other fighter would get unless your name is Leonard, Ali, Tyson, Mayweather. GGG ain't getting that treatment and he doesn't deserve that type of treatment. No fighters deserve that type of treament but the ones I just named
                Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 12-13-2016, 02:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Ok I'll give you a pass this time, I suppose. You're a cut above the average Nsb hate troll, you've earned it. Now where's that link with Hbo demanding a Kovalev OR Ggg fight in exchange for televising Wards tuneups?

Virgil Hunter, trainer of former super middleweight king Andre Ward (28-0, 15KOs), is disappointed that a showdown never happened with WBA/IBO/IBF middleweight champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (34-0, 31KOs).Roc Nation Sports stating to BoxingScene.com several weeks ago that Golovkin's promoter, Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions, rejected their advances in 36 minutes.... Ward eventually negotiated a three-fight agreement with HBO, but part of that agreement required Ward to move up in weight to 175-pounds - and Ward had to agree to a 2016 showdown with WBA/WBO/IBF light heavyweight king Sergey Kovalev.

I think the opponents were there and I’m quite surprised that he was asked to go to that division before he and Golovkin got a chance to fight," Hunter told On The Ropes Boxing Radio.

We were forced to go to 175

They're [HBO] trying to make Kovalev a star at the expense of Ward's name...and to protect GGG from a loss.

Comment

You said hold belts in one weight class while while fighting for a title in a different weight class. Which is exactly what Brook did against GGG. Now the scenario you just brought up is special treatment that no other fighter would get unless your name is Leonard, Ali, Tyson, Mayweather. GGG ain't getting that treatment and he doesn't deserve that type of treatment. No fighters deserve that type of treament but the ones I just named
                    I give up. Talking to you is like talking to my 4 year old nephew, the only difference is that he actually makes sense once in a while.

Everytime your argument is crushed, you simply move the goalpost and try to make it about something else.

You are an idiot, so perhaps its best Mr. Hall Monitor if you give me another "time out" on ignore lol

Dunce

Comment

I give up. Talking to you is like talking to my 4 year old nephew, the only difference is that he actually makes sense once in a while.

Everytime your argument is crushed, you simply move the goalpost and try to make it about something else.

You are an idiot, so perhaps its best Mr. Hall Monitor if you give me another "time out" on ignore lol

Dunce
                      These are your words not mine

That's exactly what Brook did when he fought GGG. Words matter. Use them correctly if you're trying to make a point. Don't expect me to understand what you're trying to say. What you're really doing is getting caught in your excuses and BS and then moving the goalposts after the fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X