Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conor McGregor drew twice (nearly triple)as many buys in 1 year than entire boxing s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
    Repeating something I heard someone else said? is not what I said true?? Don't UFC fighters roll around the floor hugging each other wearing speedos??

And I saw UFC 200 because Brock Lesnar was in it. Cormier vs Anderson Silva. The fight was 90% one guy on top of the other not even throwing alot of punches.

So gtfo with that chit as I have watched UFC. And if you love it so much I suggest you log off NSB and go hang out on some skin head UFC forum
    I've been a boxing fan longer than you and that much is guaranteed. But I don't go around saying ignorant **** like you. Your quote insinuated that MMA does not require talent or skills which is completely bull****. You think just cause a boxer "punches prettier" that he is somehow more talented than an MMA fighter.

So, you watched one UFC event and now you think you know something? I suggest you get yourself educated in a field before spewing out garbage.
    Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 11-29-2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      this a boxing forum bro....**** Conor and his puppetmaster, Vana White.

dude is not the biggest star in combat sports....many people dont even know who he is

Canelo is a far bigger star than Conor....so is cotto

outside of his little island and the bar crawl beer chuggers circuit, his fan base isnt that big.

"the guy they want floyd to fight"...."the guy who acts like mayweather " " the guy who called out floyd and got chocked out" is who people i know call him.....stars are known by their name bro

his popularity is gaining steam but he is definitely not the biggest star in combat sports. he is a swagger jacker who doesnt have the talent to back it up

miguel cotto is not a bigger star than conor mcgregor .

at no point in his career was he a bigger star than mcgregor is currently. and neither is canelo. hell they fought each other and sold less than a million ppv. mcgregor has several ppv with a million buys. nick diaz was the equivalent of a f#cking journeyman, ffs. anybody who has been wathcing mma knows who he is and what level he is / was at. dude was on TUF FFS .

Comment

UFC has better (Overall) consistent (PPV or other) "CARDs". That is where IMO boxing has been fuggin' up. Putting on these poor undercards + the main events not living up to expectations also plays a huge part. Connor has his following sure... but to give him 100% credit for all the numbers is kinda foolish. Those UFC cards are almost always stacked from top to bottom. (Who remembers those 90's Don king Showtime cards?)
        Last edited by Hatesrats; 11-29-2016, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          I've been a boxing fan longer than you and that much is guaranteed. But I don't go around saying ignorant **** like you. Your quote insinuated that MMA does not require talent or skills which is completely bull****. You think just cause a boxer "punches prettier" that he is somehow more talented than an MMA fighter.

So, you watched one UFC event and now you think you know something? I suggest you get yourself educated in a field before spewing out garbage.
          Brock Lesnar won the world title in his 4th MMA fight or something.

Can you name a boxing champ who did that?

Comment

Ufc is striving,,, but it has no bearing on boxing..

All it does is highlight how horribly ran boxing is..

Boxing is its own worse enemy, and has driven away the fans all on its own..
            I thought PBC had a chance at revolutionizing boxing, but really it's just more of the same

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Exactly. Conor is marketing himself. Many boxers should learn this.

Whats funny is when an MMA dude does this, MMA fans show support. When a boxer does this, for example Broner, fans get all uppity and say hey, you can't act like that.
              Bad mistake using Broker as an example. He's about a big a idiot as your ever going to see. He tries WAY too hard to promote himself to the point he embarrases himself and add the fact that he got his ass kicked twice. McGregor is the real deal that's why he's so successful.

Comment

I believe he's also sold more PPV's than any combat sports athlete in 18 months (the short amount of time he's been doing PPV's) in the history of combat sports (~6.7M allegedly) with 4 (of 5) PPV's in that time with over 1M buys (which is also a record cuz idk many cats who've even had 4 PPV's in that time period in the first place. In comparison Manny had 6 1M+ PPV' his entire career & Floyd had 8 1M+ PPV's in his entire career.

This Conor **** is insane.
                Last edited by Eff Pandas; 11-29-2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

yeah boxing is dead, no doubt about, its not dying, its already dead. Loma v walters is a world class match up and it looked like they were fighting in some small hall somewhere. Literally noone knew it was on over here in uk. Very much a minority sport now

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Ufc is striving,,, but it has no bearing on boxing..

All it does is highlight how horribly ran boxing is..

Boxing is its own worse enemy, and has driven away the fans all on its own..
                    Sadly right on point with this.

I thought PBC had a chance at revolutionizing boxing, but really it's just more of the same
                    I think revolutionizing boxing is no easy task with the status quo of bs & corruption. Anytime you move against the grain you can run into some hickups. Not that it isn't impossible to say PBC did all the right moves cuz clearly they made some mistakes, but I believe PBC's mistakes have been deemed immortal sins when they are fixable mistakes still. How long they remain fixable mistakes if the money they've spent rumors are true is debatable & becoming a smaller window to fix by the day doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgtairborne24 View Post

Bad mistake using Broker as an example. He's about a big a idiot as your ever going to see. He tries WAY too hard to promote himself to the point he embarrases himself and add the fact that he got his ass kicked twice. McGregor is the real deal that's why he's so successful.
                      MacGregor has 3 losses. Just sayin.

you are making my point for me. MMA fans do not pass any judgement on Conor. When he does outrageous stuff, throws stuff at opponents, late to pressers, cursing in the media etc. fans don't criticize him for it. Broner's schtick was nowhere near as offensive or over the top as Conor dissing opponents yet many uptight posters took it way too seriously.

Conor calls himself the man in MMA, fans get it. Broner calls himself Mr HBO, posters start questioning iwhy he says this and if he is worthy enough.

You can never over promote yourself.

Yes Broner has issues. when he would say and do things to try and get press attention, boxing fans whined and complained. The same guys that did that are praising Conor for being a huge crossover star and MMA for the ability to promote him.

Makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X