Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Wilder doesn’t knock out Fury, can he win a decision?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless he really really outbox Wilder then i don't see how he could get a UD, let me put it this way if he fought the exact way that he did in germany against Wlad then he isn't going to get a decision. They would either score it a draw or give it to Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
      The fight's in America. I don't see that the judges will be a problem. I think Fury could make Wilder look pretty bad at times but who knows until they fight?
      I guess it's either marketing hype or wishful thinking, but people seem to think this is 2016, right after the Wlad fight, and forget how Fury looked on his last one. I actually didn't watch it until last week and was shocked at how slow Fury's reflexes have become.

It's really hard to say how Fury is going to be on fight night. He might shock up with his skill but could just as easily) like he did a couple months ago.

Comment

Wasn't Wilder ahead in the Ortiz fight? I know he score a knockdown before the 9th round but i didn't think he did enough at that point to be ahead of Ortiz. And with the Joshua payday in around the HW i don't think Fury would get that decision.

Comment

I can't see Wilder outboxing Fury over 12 rounds. But that doesn't mean Fury will be up on the scorecards after 12 rounds.

We saw what happened during the Washington and Ortiz fights where the general consensus was Wilder was being out boxed but he was ahead vs Ortiz and ahead on 1 and drawn on 2 of the Washington score cards.

Suffice to say the track record suggests there will be favouritism towards Wilder. Fury will need to win at least 8 rounds or more to win a decision, maybe more, most people gave 9 rounds to Lewis over Holyfield in their first fight and that was still scored a draw.

I hope I'm wrong and we see a fair fight but this is boxing and unless you're new to the sport you know better.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            I guess it's either marketing hype or wishful thinking, but people seem to think this is 2016, right after the Wlad fight, and forget how Fury looked on his last one. I actually didn't watch it until last week and was shocked at how slow Fury's reflexes have become.

It's really hard to say how Fury is going to be on fight night. He might shock up with his skill but could just as easily) like he did a couple months ago.
            Yeah, I'm hoping for a good performance by both but we'll never know until the bells rings. Fury has lost a shltload of weight though. He looked really in shape in an interview but like you say, don't know about his reflexes or anything.

Comment

Silly thread.

Of course Wilder can win a decision over Fury. Likelihood is he won't deserve to win the decision if it does go that far but let's face it an American Heavyweight Champion isn't losing to a disgraced former champion on the cards in the US of A.

If Fury turns up anything like the old Fury then Wilder wins by decision. If Fury like the Seferi Fury turns up then Wilder wins by knockout.

Comment

Fury gonna run like a sissy for 9 rds
                Heavy weight champion Wilder khtfo
                In the 10th

Comment

Wildher can't box so he wins by knockout, war Beyonce!

Comment

The one outcome no one saw coming.

As soon as the fight ended, I thought Fury had made the greatest comeback in the history of boxing. But I was worried there would be a terrible decision. At least they didn’t give Wilder the win, but Fury wasn’t even in prime shape and Wilder still couldn’t get him out of there.

Comment

Working...
                    X