Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usyk's management contacted by Andre Ward.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like Ward as a sportsman. He does fight dirty at times. But I admire him for his accomplishments. The man does what he has to do to win. You do what you can get away with wtihout being penalized by the ref.

Comment

Andre Ward is a living legend and first ballot HOF.

lil g is a hoe.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        yes ward probably would literally whip him with a whip and his drooling fanbase would pretend nothing happened like always
        Making excuses already lol. Ward whips the dog sht out of Usyk just like he did Quitvalev. and lil g was spared from his ass whippin because he's a coward.

Ward ruined your life.

Comment

I know it won't sell well here in the states, but I'd pay to watch that. The only ppv's I've bought in the last 5-7 years are: 1)Floyd-Pac 2)Kov-Ward I and 3)Ward-Kov II.

If Ward was still active, it would be #1 vs. #2 p4p. That is what helped bring Ward back the last time. Many were saying the same thing about Kov that many are now saying about Usyk. He is too big and too skilled. Ward might be a little more skilled, but Kov/Usyk is just too big for him. Ward has shown he has p4p boxing skills his entire career. And his first fight against Kov, showed the heart that very few fighters possess.

Also a Usyk-Ward fight would be more fan-friendly than most seem to believe. They aren't knockout fighters, with one punch ko power (except for Usyk's last fight), but both are superb boxers who both throw combinations. It isn't like Mayweather or Tyson Fury where they stay on the outside landing pot-shots all night. It won't be any Gatti-Ward, but it will be a great fight if it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            I wonder are we are talking about the same fighter here? The reason I ask is because the Oleksandr Usyk I know has a 75 percent knockout ratio and those are against other Cruiserweights and men his own size or little larger.

Andre Ward fighting Oleksandr Usyk is the equivalent of Abner Mares fighting Jermall Charlo or Gennady Golovkin. It's like a featherweight challenging a Middleweight.

It just doesn't make sense. Andre Ward will be well out of his league in this one. Remember that Dre is a natural Super middleweight. While on the other hand, Usyk is a natural Cruiserweight; Who started his professional career at 200 lbs. That's more than a 32 pound weight discrepancy.

This fight will be a mismatch. Ward would be giving up too much weight, size and power to the 6'3 Usyk; Who is not only a good boxer but is also a huge puncher as well.

Usyk is much bigger than Ward and has more power than he is often given credit for. That much is true. But comparing that to a featherweight moving up to middleweight is not at a fair comparison.

If you look at the divisions, the smaller divisions have much smaller increments- usually 4 pounds between divisions. This is because of the percentage of weight they move up. 32 pounds is 19% of 168. 25 pounds is 19% of 126. But look at Duran, at ODLH, at Mayweather, at Pac, at JMM and a few others. They all made similar jumps in weight. Moving up that much is definitely a giant jump up, but one that other all time p4p fighters have made.

Of course, Usyk is the top p4p fighter right now, so that would make it even more difficult for Ward. But I give Ward a chance against anyone. Usyk would rightfully be favored, but to say Ward doesn't have a chance is ignoring Ward's entire career. He has spent his entire career fighting and beating opponents people said he had no chance against.

Comment

Originally posted by wlad1111 View Post
              Just watched an interview where Usyks manager gave an interview in Russian. He said they will most likely fight the winner of Whyte vs Chisora but they recently were contacted by Andre Ward who might move up to cruiserweight to challenge Usyk
              You're misleading the community. Krassyuk (he is Usyk's promoter) didn't say a word about that they had been contacted by Andre Ward.

Comment

Andre Ward will beats Usyk soundly, I will be looking at Usyk fans and asking them "you sick?" when Ward boxes him out lol. Usyk better just stay away from Andre and focus on Heavyweights believe it or not he stands a better chance against there instead of against a ring wizard like Ward it'll be a mistake

Comment

Let me guess, fight happens in Oakland or no fight

Comment

Please no, we've had one stupid fight in the last 12 months where the smaller guy was just destroyed (Rigondeaux vs Lomachenko) another one coming up (Garcia vs Spence) and wouldn't want something like this materialising and adding to the list.

Comment

I don't see it Wards retired and not fought in ages.
                      Ward isn't stupid there is absolutely noway as good as Ward is he comes back and fights Usyk without a tune up and why would Usyk sit around waiting for Ward?
                      Even a fight with Whyte would bring in more money than Ward and it'd take Usyk a step closer to his goal.

To me the fight makes no real sense in particular for Usyk.

Comment

Working...
                      X