ESPN Classic - Douglas vs. Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lampley and Merchant called it

Comment

Yes....Merchant, Lampley, & Leonard called it for the HBO telecast.

BUT....neils was asking who did it on the ESPN Classic replay....& it was BOB SHERIDAN.

Comment

I saw it, I have the KO clip on my computer
        Unbeliviable, James Douglas with a killer uppercut
        Biggest upset in Boxing History in my book

Comment

Check out http://www.customizedvds.com for the full fight
          or you can get a low quality one on some PayPal sites for the same price.

Comment

i remeber watching that fight with my dad when i was like 10 years old and being amazed that anyone could beat tyson so badly...

Comment

Originally posted by justin04
              i remeber watching that fight with my dad when i was like 10 years old and being amazed that anyone could beat tyson so badly...
              It was a incredible upset......

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933 View Post
                Were the guys announcing the fight that replays on ESPN the ones who commentated for HBO that night? Was this an HBO fight or a pay-per-view? I was thinking this was an HBO fight, but I was too young to remember the fight.

Anyone know the names of the announcers covering the fight that shows on ESPN? Were they calling the fight to a wide audience or does ESPN just not have the rights to the HBO call?

I'm interested because the announcers on the ESPN replay are really, really bad.

Thanks in advance...
                The Colonel, Bob Sheridan.

Comment

This fight was so good to watch, buster looked so great.

Comment

Was there anyone who didn't love love watching Tyson go down. Classic moment in boxing history...

Comment

The fight was originally an HBO fight, not PPV, and Lampley, Merchant, and
                      Sugar Ray Leonard made the call. I have a tape and also watch it a lot. It
                      was one of the most memorable nights in not only boxing history, but sports
                      history!

Comment

Working...
                      X