Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had better handspeed: Mike Tyson or Joe Louis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aljon View Post
    Obviously I'm saying it was slower than Tyson's, I'm just comparing the two...
    Louis and Tyson both had good handspeed but Tyson's was clearly better...
    Well, I know that. It just seemd as you were dismissing Louis' handspeed simply as a product of "unpredictability", like if it was more predictable then it would be slow and he actually had no real natural speed of the arms.

Comment

Tyson was more heavily built which makes his speed even more amazing because he had so much power. Louis might have had a slight edge in pure speed but this does not translate into effectiveness compared to Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
        Definitely Mike Tyson
        Fastest Heavyweight ever:Muhammad Ali.
        hmm tyson had fluid fast destructive combos but louis jab was prob faster.
        Ali had the fastest foot speed ever but floyd pattersons hand speed was amazing for a heavyweight an proberbly edges over ali's.

Comment

I'm still going to go with Ali, but I wouldn't deny Patterson speed.

Comment

Pretty much Iron Mike by a landslide...

His speed was phenomenal for a heavyweight.

Comment

for the footage i would say Tyson

Comment

it's a real hard choice but i went for tyson on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucktown Beast View Post
                  Pretty much Iron Mike by a landslide...

His speed was phenomenal for a heavyweight.
                  yea true. i've seen mad videos of tyson when he was a youngin, the man had them big fat biceps and the quickness of a middleweight to be honest ,i've never seen such thing from any boxer these days.

Comment

Louis' up close uppercut hook combos were rapid but id say Mike the guy was a whirlwind!

Comment

OVERALL HANDSPEED maybe tyson.

i think ali does the fastest combos even tho he hasnt got half the power behind them.

footwork? ali moves the FEET faster, but tyson moves his body faster, wich translates into faster closing in and fast + powerful hooks too.

jabs i stick with joe louis.

i havent seen floyd patterson do any display of AMAZING handspeed. can anybody point me to a video where one would be like "WOW!!!11"??

but even then it's hard to judge, you can't just say "go look at videos of teen tyson shadowboxing" and judge based on that. you never seen any quality videos of teen joe louis shadowboxing have you?
                      Last edited by pedrito; 10-01-2007, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X