Ward vs Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward vs Calzaghe

It is a natural. But who wins?

I would take Calzaghe. He started slow but was great at adjusting then boxing your ears off. Ward would have his moments tho.

Comment

ward would outclass him. entirely different class of fighters.

only question is if he stops him on a way to the shut out.

Comment

Calzaghe would win. Ugly fight with Ward wrestling a lot. 116-112 type decision.

Comment

- -Son of Gollum ducked old man Popkins. No way he faces prime Super Joe.

Major league sissy with a major league Imelda Marcos shoe collection. He happens like it happens.

Comment

Ward is underrated defensively. He showed against Froch, for example, that he can affect the punch output of fighters who usually throw a lot of leather. Calzaghe got somewhat embarrased by an old Hopkins. Ward has that technical level of ability.

Ward also punches very accurately and would make Joe think twice. Joe never fought guys that could do as many things as Ward can to beat you... Or I should say he fought them when they were limited by age. Ward makes it look fairly easy.

Comment

It pains me to say it but Calzaghe.

I think you have to drop Calzaghe a few times to win a decision. He is so active with his slaps that judges are going to give him rounds on activity regardless if anything meaningful lands. I dont see Ward dropping him.

Comment

Ward in a damn near shutout. He's one of the most skilled fighters in the history of the division, maybe even the sport.

Comment

A fascinating matchup between two fighters neither of whom is fascinating or exciting. Still, no guarantee the fight will be good, but the matchup itself is an intriguing one.

Ward was not afraid of men in their primes. He beat prime specimens. The Welsher never fought a prime specimen, period.

Ward will find a way to nullify Calzaghe's tricky shoulder roll coming in. No doubt Son of God will make it an ugly fight, as is his wont. SOG has depth as a boxer, was an Olympic champ, etc., etc. But Calzaghe was only trained from the start in his garage by his daddy from a book they bought. He will not have the depth to deal with SOG's mix of desperate measures. Both men more fiercely competitive than given credit for. They plain hate to lose. Surprisingly, I expect a brutal encounter between them over the course of 15 long rounds, by greaser.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    Ward is underrated defensively. He showed against Froch, for example, that he can affect the punch output of fighters who usually throw a lot of leather. Calzaghe got somewhat embarrased by an old Hopkins. Ward has that technical level of ability.

Ward also punches very accurately and would make Joe think twice. Joe never fought guys that could do as many things as Ward can to beat you... Or I should say he fought them when they were limited by age. Ward makes it look fairly easy.
                    - -What, you saw them fight on Pluto?

What I saw was SuperJoe turned ain't never losing to a whiteboy Popkins into a kicked cur yelping on all fours needing ministrations by Fairly Infirm Cortez to save him.

Comment

Working...
                    X