Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG meeting with PBC again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$45 million huh? Idec said PBC is offering more money for the first fight. So let's say DAZN is offering him 30M for Canelo, what the hell is the PBC offering for the first fight that will be kind of a tune up fight? That is just a bad investment there. In that case, you better be sure Charlo could beat GGG to help his stardom or else...........

GGG is getting paid either way, especially with the DAZN deal. Get your money and ride off to the sunset!

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
      That was my point, canelo went into sprint mode but ggg only ended up with a draw, lara goes into sprint mode and canelo fangirls say he won clearly, hypocracy at its finest

bro, canelo literally spent half the fight on the ropes with GGG,

Lara did not

Comment

Originally posted by DaFan View Post
        GGG doesn't have Korobov's defensive movements. Not even close.
        True, but if he gets caught cleanly with just a third of the shots Korobov landed, it's a wrap.

But my original point was I think PBC are over playing how big of a fight this is. When the Korobov fight happened, people in my circle who don't even follow boxing like we do, kept going on and on about how they thought Korobov won.

If they try to make it a PPV I think it will be a hard sell. Since PPV is basically a reel to draw in the casual/Joe public fan in and plenty of the public thought Charlo got schooled.

Comment

Originally posted by WallabeeKing View Post
          True, but if he gets caught cleanly with just a third of the shots Korobov landed, it's a wrap.

But my original point was I think PBC are over playing how big of a fight this is. When the Korobov fight happened, people in my circle who don't even follow boxing like we do, kept going on and on about how they thought Korobov won.

If they try to make it a PPV I think it will be a hard sell. Since PPV is basically a reel to draw in the casual/Joe public fan in and plenty of the public thought Charlo got schooled.
          I'm actually all the way with almost everything you are saying, but I'd go with Charlo if the Golovkin fight ever happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowballer View Post
            Except that Canelo outlanded GGG in power punches anfmd reduced GGG the KO machine to a jabber.

Not only that but unlike the Lara fight where Canelo mostly landed thunderous power punches to the body, GGGs body attack was non existent.

So nothing like the Lara fight. I hope you understand.
            Oh, so you must have been part of the 4% of fan girls that scored it for Canelo, now I understand, seek medical help and stay on your meds

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
              bro, canelo literally spent half the fight on the ropes with GGG,

Lara did not
              He only stayed still on the ropes on the odd occasion, he was sliding along the ropes, hence everybody saying GGG couldn't cut off the ring

Comment

Except that Canelo outlanded GGG in power punches anfmd reduced GGG the KO machine to a jabber.

Not only that but unlike the Lara fight where Canelo mostly landed thunderous power punches to the body, GGGs body attack was non existent.

So nothing like the Lara fight. I hope you understand.
                So he landed 4 more power shot but 53 less jabs and you said learn how to score fights, go to bed junior without any dinner

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
                  So he landed 4 more power shot but 53 less jabs and you said learn how to score fights, go to bed junior without any dinner
                  Oh, you're going off punchstats? My man, you don't score a fight using Punchstats. Just watch the fight. Half of GGGs jabs were measuring jabs, not damaging at all.

GGGs power punches, 98% didn't even land clean or hard. I think there's like 5 good punches, and out of the 5 maybe 2 were very good.

All the best punches in most of the rounds were landed by Canelo.

Just because G landed an average of 4 jabs per round doesn't mean he wins a fight. You score quality mu friend, not necessarily quantity.

Maybe you need to learn to score a fight my friend.

Where was the body attack? Who landed the more telling punches? Who had better defense? Who dictated the pace of the fight? Who landed at a higher percentage and caused more damage? Each round is scored individually.

At best GGG won rounds 4-9, at best, making it a draw. Which I have no problem, but GGG did not win that fight. Look if someone wants to be bias and give G 7 rounds, I guess, but that fight was not GGGs.
                  Last edited by Snowballer; 01-31-2019, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Oh, you're going off punchstats? My man, you don't score a fight using Punchstats. Just watch the fight. Half of GGGs jabs were measuring jabs, not damaging at all.

GGGs power punches, 98% didn't even land clean or hard. I think there's like 5 good punches, and out of the 5 maybe 2 were very good.

All the best punches in most of the rounds were landed by Canelo.

Just because G landed an average of 4 jabs per round doesn't mean he wins a fight. You score quality mu friend, not necessarily quantity.

Maybe you need to learn to score a fight my friend.

Where was the body attack? Who landed the more telling punches? Who had better defense? Who dictated the pace of the fight? Who landed at a higher percentage and caused more damage? Each round is scored individually.

At best GGG won rounds 4-9, at best, making it a draw. Which I have no problem, but GGG did not win that fight. Look if someone wants to be bias and give G 7 rounds, I guess, but that fight was not GGGs.
                    I've been in the industry for many many years and canelo fighting for 30 to 60 seconds a round won't win him the round or the fight, your a casual, I can tell by your accessment of the fight, it's very obvious, the fight was controlled by ggg, the pace set by ggg, he landed more punches and fought consistently for the entire 3 minutes of each round, judges don't discriminate between punches, only the quality of the punches, how clean they were, the punch stats were made for casual fans to try and help them understand a little better, that's why I referred to them in a discussion with you, because you've obviously come from a chess or badminton background

Comment

Working...
                    X