No announcement yet.

Amir Khan vs Artem Lobov? -- Never $ay never

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan vs Artem Lobov? -- Never $ay never

I almost cant believe that Artem Lobov actually got a fight with Paulie Malinaggi (be it BKB or otherwise). Conor McGregor is one thing, but Artem Lobov?! And he ends up winning the decision?!?

Now Lobov is calling out Amir Khan in a Boxing match.
    And there's been at least of bit of 'heat' between them in the past...

Like it or not, Artem Lobov is forcing the Boxing world/MMA world to pay attention.
    How big could this fight actually be?

Last edited by USMCer; 06-23-2019, 03:08 PM.

Amir Khan made $5 million to box Terence Crawford for the WBO Title?
    Amir Khan is now making $9 million to box Neeraj Goyat next?

This Goyat guy might have 3 wins, at best, that aren't against tomato cans in his 11-3-2 record (he's also 2-0 in MMA).

Why not Artem Lobov vs Amir Khan in a Boxing match?
    Stranger things have happened

Comment

This completely disrespectful to the sport now. Amir khan would 'spark out" lobov

Comment

LOL, but interesting. I think Artem as much as he sucks could parlay this BK win into a boxing match. And Khan would be a pretty perfect opponent honestly. He's a guy I for sure would favor over Artem, but he's also a f#cking mess & lacks focus so you could never be THAT confident in him & from Artem's angle because of that there is a window to see a path to victory for him as sh^thouse rat crazy as that is to say outloud, but I get it from Artem's angle.

Either way respect to Artem on winning a fight I didn't see him winning & trying to parlay it into bigger things whatever ends up coming of that. I definitely think he'll get opportunities off of this W last night. What they are & how good they are is up for debate, but if I was him I'd hold off a minute & think about my next move & take some offers before I decide where to jump.

Comment

These sort of fights are nothing but a spectacle. They aren't meant to contribute anything significant to the sport besides a payday for all those involved. I could care less for a Khan/Lobov fight.

Comment

Khan knocks him out and makes $10 million

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
              These sort of fights are nothing but a spectacle. They aren't meant to contribute anything significant to the sport besides a payday for all those involved. I could care less for a Khan/Lobov fight.
              Minus the spectacle part you just described 95% of professional level boxing matches.

And I'd argue one of the problems with boxing is they don't pay attention to what people want & make it happen very timely. This is why more casuals follow MMA over boxing as their combat sport of choice on a regular basis & only show up for boxing 1 maybe up to 3 times a year tops. This is why SM was blowing up about this nutty ass fight & not the UFC event with who dat vs who dis (no offense Korean Zombie you my mfer) & the boxing match with Mexican guy vs PR guy (no offense Cancio I loved the repeat W). It excited the fans. Now idk if they bought the $40 PPV or not, but the vibe on SM was all about this losing record MMA guy vs a 2 or w/e year retired pro boxing cuz it was interesting & compelling entertainment unlike those other two cards.

Comment

I dont care for Khan but he would mess this guy up easily

Comment

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
                  I almost cant believe that Artem Lobov actually got a fight with Paulie Malinaggi (be it BKB or otherwise). Conor McGregor is one thing, but Artem Lobov?! And he ends up winning the decision?!?

Now Lobov is calling out Amir Khan in a Boxing match.
                  And there's been at least of bit of 'heat' between them in the past...

Like it or not, Artem Lobov is forcing the Boxing world/MMA world to pay attention.
                  How big could this fight actually be?

This fight wouldn't be a huge box office success yet I would pay if the press conferences are entertaining & if it's a 12 round fight. I didnt pay for the Paulie fight due to the rumors of them using gloves but that fight sucked anyways so I'm glad I didn't pay for it

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
                    This completely disrespectful to the sport now. Amir khan would 'spark out" lobov
                    That's what I would expect, definitely.

But I want to see it happen rather than have people just say it.

Comment

Working...
                    X