No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hughie Fury To Fight Four Times in 2019, Says Trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hughie Fury To Fight Four Times in 2019, Says Trainer

Trainer and father Peter Fury has laid out a blueprint for Hughie Fury to return to world level starting this Saturday night. The former world heavyweight title challenger is back in action this weekend against dangerous and undefeated Canadian Chris Norrad (17-0, 8 KOs) at Manchester's Victoria Warehouse live on Channel 5.
    [Click Here To Read More]

And nobody cares.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
      And nobody cares.
      It’s definitely good that they’ve got that Channel 5 deal.

It’s difficult. Hughie is decent and will likely get better but at the minute he’s not strong enough to compete at the top level it appears.

There’s a lot there domestically for him. Build up a bit of intrigue. He’s got a cautious style and he’s a quiet personality. But you’re right at the minute you’re not postponing plans to watch Hughie fight. He’s been bypassed by DD and Gorman now who appear to have more pleasing styles.

I dunno where they go. Stick or twist. Maybe they feel they’re better off getting these fringe world level fights that he’ll probably get as a Fury and former world title challenger.

I still think he could be something but I wouldn’t be that confident. Hope they hit form

Comment

He better hurry the funk up. That means 4 fights in 7 months. No top level fighters are gonna work into that schedule.

Comment

I don’t want to see one Hughie Fury match.

Comment

Hughie v Joyce at the end of the year please.

Comment

4 times? He wasted half a year already, boring Fury better hury up!

Comment

Done with this guy. Embarrassed that I ever saw something in him. I figured that he's eventually get some power and develop his ring IQ further but it never happened. He just stayed "ok" with decent boxing ability but never got good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  It’s definitely good that they’ve got that Channel 5 deal.

It’s difficult. Hughie is decent and will likely get better but at the minute he’s not strong enough to compete at the top level it appears.

There’s a lot there domestically for him. Build up a bit of intrigue. He’s got a cautious style and he’s a quiet personality. But you’re right at the minute you’re not postponing plans to watch Hughie fight. He’s been bypassed by DD and Gorman now who appear to have more pleasing styles.

I dunno where they go. Stick or twist. Maybe they feel they’re better off getting these fringe world level fights that he’ll probably get as a Fury and former world title challenger.

I still think he could be something but I wouldn’t be that confident. Hope they hit form
                  He's decent enough at what he does but the guy bores me to tears.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
                    He's decent enough at what he does but the guy bores me to tears.
                    Same to be completely honest.

Comment

Working...
                    X