No announcement yet.

Does AJ have an underrated chin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does AJ have an underrated chin?

AJ is basically known as a fighter with a Khan-level chin but is his chin better than he's given credit for? The punch that he took from Whyte in round 2 was the same left hook from a blind spot that he knocked Chisora out cold with.

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
    AJ is basically known as a fighter with a Khan-level chin but is his chin better than he's given credit for? The punch that he took from Whyte in round 2 was the same left hook from a blind spot that he knocked Chisora out cold with.
    I don't really believe anyone thinks AJs chin is at Khan level but it's bad enough to keep all of the NSB Brits afraid of a Joshua/Wilder fight actually happening.

Comment

It’s bad enough that I think if Wilder hits em he ain’t going to get up like Tyson Fury.

Comment

AJ has a better chin than Fury, I'd bet on that. Fury is better at avoiding taking the full force of a punch though.

Comment

Hez had 22 fights with this same chin and a 4 belts unified champ.
          Now you think we should care much about his chin, common man.
          That same chin won him those titles, hez got a decent chin
          End of.

Comment

I don't think his chin is great, but his defense can be a bit underrated. Not always easy to catch clean. Not saying he has a great slick defense, but he's effective.

The problem is that when he's hurt, he stays hurt for a long time. Once Wlad hurt him, it took him rounds to get through it. Same as when Dillian Whyte hurt him. Wlad couldn't pull the trigger to finish the job, and Whyte didn't have the composure (and was carrying a shoulder injury).

I don't think his chin is great, the few times he's been caught hard in his career, he was hurt. Some better finishers might've finished him off.

If i was a fan, i'd be more concerned with his recovery time than his chin.

Comment

His chin is decent. He has only been down once from a bomb thrown by a legendary puncher. He is a world champion with many successful defenses against hard punchers. He has never been lost or been stopped. His chin should never be compared to Khan's chin. Khan has been stopped 3 times and knocked down and hurt many times often by light punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
                Damn, what the hell is Bivol doing smoking a cigarette? Doesn't he know I predicted he would prove to the best light heavyweight in the world? That's not the way to keep world class stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Damn, what the hell is Bivol doing smoking a cigarette? Doesn't he know I predicted he would prove to the best light heavyweight in the world? That's not the way to keep world class stamina.
                  Haha it's just a joke thing he didn't light it.

Comment

Whyte was more wild when he first fought aj his punches were more looping. He has since calmed down more in there and uses his body correctly when throwing now most of the time make no mistake his hook is more of a weapon now more refined better utilised etc. Aj would have gone down from the same hook chisora took maybe not out but down definitely.

Comment

Working...
                    X