Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte's Deal With Top Rank & ESPN Nearing Completion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
    Whyte has been grown really well by sky & matchroom, it wouldn’t only be a show of disloyalty but also potentially a classic example of grass isn’t always greener.

A few things to consider, sky/matchroom invested in Whyte after his loss to AJ - how many others would have?

Wilder and AJ will be at different networks so will his options be limited for big bucks or not?

Certainly financial logic would say fight AJ first, he certainly doesn’t need to fight Whyte again given he beat him already?

What happens if he loses to fury for example - where does he then go? With matchroom they would rebuild him, would top rank?

Now you can view it another way of course, but I’m not convinced - unless they are offering big bucks like they did to fury - that this really makes sense so I’ll wait for something more official and more reliable source of reporting
    Match room invest in any bum with a pair of boxing gloves. Take a look at how many cards complete dead beats like david price, dave Allen been on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
      Match room invest in any bum with a pair of boxing gloves. Take a look at how many cards complete dead beats like david price, dave Allen been on.
      Yeah i cannot believe some still pay to watch Price for example. I cannot believe he is still boxing. I mean its great for the boxers like Allen but i find it hard to believe that they have high profile fights with their skill levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
        Stop saying rubbish fella. Miller accepted the deal whyte rejected even less.
        Whyte was offered 7mil but he wanted more clajnlming hez on the same level as fury and wilder.
        Of course Miller accepted the deal it was over 20 times his career high payday

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
          Agree. He will get exposed as soon as he fights any top guy. He won the lottery against parker with the head butt, that won't be happening twice.

Whytes the only boxer to put Parker on his arse ever as an amateur in sparring or as a pro something even AJ couldn’t do

Comment

Originally posted by Corbett View Post
            100% agree Hearn low balling Whyte to pay Miller more was a dumb move considering Whyte was used to earning millions per fight in the UK and Millers previous highest payday was circa 400k it just doesn’t make sense unless AJ/Hearn didn’t fancy the Whyte fight but whichever way it looks like Hearn might be about lose a major part of his stable.
            Joshua/Whyte was a skysport fight, Whyte didn't turn the fight down just because of money (£5m final offer).

DAZN were paying for the Miller fight in america, Whyte wanted more time and drug testing (According to him).. Moreover Joshua already stopped him so why would he "Fear" him? When a fight doesn't happen then you look at both camps not just one.

Whyte might not want to get knock out again... Did you fathom that as well?

Comment

Of course Miller accepted the deal it was over 20 times his career high payday
              Wilder was offered X7 of his career pay high and he still turned it down so what are saying?

Whyte is over estimating himself and I hope he has a better deal with TR cos I like him as a fighter as well.

Comment

Massive mistake

Whyte has no pull Power in USA

Sky and match room made him a star in the uk

He will fight on the number 2 network at bt which has half the viewers

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Forever View Post
                  Cannabis and Andy on the same day I love 420!
                  4/20 is also the Garcia/Spence fight with Benevudez Jr on the co main. I’ll be picking up at least an oz lol

Comment

Whytes the only boxer to put Parker on his arse ever as an amateur in sparring or as a pro something even AJ couldn’t do
                    It was a head butt though. Who brags about that?

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                      Massive mistake

Whyte has no pull Power in USA

Sky and match room made him a star in the uk

He will fight on the number 2 network at bt which has half the viewers
                      You'd think so. I'd be fairly surprised if he could make more money fighting in the US on ESPN as you think if he could get a mando against Wilder eventually or fight Ortiz for which he could get that DAZN money and in the UK make the AJ fight.

Will suck for British boxing if this did happen, I'd like to know what the sources are and what Eddie is planning to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X