No announcement yet.

Former WWE guy Jack Swagger (Hager) wins via first round TKO at Bellator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former WWE guy Jack Swagger (Hager) wins via first round TKO at Bellator

R-Truth sang him to the ring. No, I'm not making that up. Apparently Bellator and WWE cut some deal for Killings to do it.

At the end, Hager cut a WWE style promo and ended with his "WE THE PEOPLE!". It was basically everything that CM Punk failed to be.

Um that’s a submission lmao

But he’s gonna get wrecked by the first real fighter he fights

Comment

Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
      Um that’s a submission lmao

But he’s gonna get wrecked by the first real fighter he fights
      Just wrote it here like it was written on other sites.

He might get rekt, but he did better in debut than Punk.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        Just wrote it here like it was written on other sites.

He might get rekt, but he did better in debut than Punk.
        He's an actual collegiate wrestler. Punk isnt. They tend to fair better early against scrubs since they can just take them down and hold them there. Punk was just doing juijitsu while he was wrestling and thought he could fight MMA lol

Comment

Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
          He's an actual collegiate wrestler. Punk isnt. They tend to fair better early against scrubs since they can just take them down and hold them there. Punk was just doing juijitsu while he was wrestling and thought he could fight MMA lol

Yeah, pretty much this. Swagger was a wrestling standout in college, even beat Cain Velasquez. However, he is a bit old to start MMA. He'll probably go the Bobby Lashley route. He'll look like an absolute beast against B fighters, but will likely lose to a contender.

Punk was only a white belt in BJJ I believe. And he also hit the bags, so he believed in his mind that he was a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            Yeah, pretty much this. Swagger was a wrestling standout in college, even beat Cain Velasquez. However, he is a bit old to start MMA. He'll probably go the Bobby Lashley route. He'll look like an absolute beast against B fighters, but will likely lose to a contender.

Punk was only a white belt in BJJ I believe. And he also hit the bags, so he believed in his mind that he was a fighter.
            See and I'm only referring to the marketing. Punk had his WWE theme, WWE name and got that work. Twice. And embarrassed the business in the process. Swagger had none of that but he came out of it looking like he belonged.

Comment

See and I'm only referring to the marketing. Punk had his WWE theme, WWE name and got that work. Twice. And embarrassed the business in the process. Swagger had none of that but he came out of it looking like he belonged.

CM Punk has very little natural athletic ability, that was obvious with his second fight with Jackson, who's pretty much a scrub himself. He threw strikes with terrible form and would throw punches despite not even being close in range to his opponent.

Swagger will do well in Bellator, he's been wrestling since he was 5 and is a real athlete. He actually perfomed like a pro fighter. CM Punk reminded me one of the average Joes in that Pros vs. Joes show a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                CM Punk reminded me one of the average Joes in that Pros vs. Joes show a while back.
                CM Punk vs. Randy Couture.

Comment

CM Punk vs. Randy Couture.

Randy did that one guy dirty asf putting him over his shoulder and body slamming him lmao

I dont think Swagger proved he belongs, the guy he fought was awful. First guy he faces with decent juijtisu and stamina is gonna tap him. He'd be better off going the batista route and only fighting another time or 2 before going back to wrestling. Leave why your ahead before you really get exposed.

Tho like Willy said its just hes too old. If he did this straight out of college he could be elite or at least a top contender like Koschek.

Comment

Swagger vs. Khabib

Comment

Working...
                    X