Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Guys Think Of The Mandela Effect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this shows the ignorance of Fat Yankistanians that Nelson Mandela died in 2013 but you've got a school of whales going round saying "didn't he, like, totally freakin' die already in his home country of Switzerland in Australia? Jeez, let's name the effect after that."

The Fat Yanks are a very simple-minded race, so a "phenomenon" where people misremembered a line from a movie is like a ******ed cat playing with a torch light. It doesn't understand it, and it's forever out of its grasp.

Comment

I though the fake sign language interpreter was cause by the Mandela Effect

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        I like the ones about movie lines that people were sure were said that never actually happened, like Jimmy Cagney's you dirty rat line or the Darth Vader Luke, I am your father, rather than the "No, I am your father" line or the Silence of the Lams' misquote of Hello, Clarice.
        Bogart never said "play it again' Sam" in Casablanca.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
          The Mandela effect is an observed phenomenon in which a large segment of the population misremembers a significant event or shares a memory of an event that did not actually occur.

Here are some examples,

Had to comment on the ignorance?

Who the f**ck thought Mandela died in the 80s while in prison?
          They must never really care about that whole ordeal. Not surprised though. The OP has the same behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
            I think this shows the ignorance of Fat Yankistanians that Nelson Mandela died in 2013 but you've got a school of whales going round saying "didn't he, like, totally freakin' die already in his home country of Switzerland in Australia? Jeez, let's name the effect after that."

The Fat Yanks are a very simple-minded race, so a "phenomenon" where people misremembered a line from a movie is like a ******ed cat playing with a torch light. It doesn't understand it, and it's forever out of its grasp.
            Mandela died when Fat Yanks say he died.

Comment

ShoulderRoll
              billeau2

Comments?

Comment

He was amazing in Shawshank Redemption and Glory.

I was sad when he passed.

Comment

Nelson should come back and clear this mess up.

Comment

The cause of this largely is that the source for many of these references are not the sources themselves but popular interpretation of these sources.

Example; they heard someone say (incorrectly) "mirror, mirror on the wall." They didn't view the film or read the book and misremember it. It isn't a coincidence nearly every example of the Mandela Effect is something entrenched in popular culture.

The Mandela Effect is a lot weighter and a lot more interesting when it comes to historical events like Tiananmen Square, ect. however. Most of it there's no explanation for, but rumor and incorrect reporting of major events can create "false memories" as well.

What makes the Mandela Effect potentially fascinating, for those who care, is that the real mechanics behind what the Mandela Effect is alleged to truly signify is nothing short of manipulation of the timeline we're living in.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post

And instead of admitting it they'd rather come up with a theory about parallel universes.
                      This, it’s a known fact that limiting things like exercise, sleep, etc can cause even short term memory loss. I believe videos like the above are planted on purpose, and boom, there’s that many more people on psychiatric medications and, thus, that much more money.

This is much the same way opioids have been imo used to kill off many many people. Worried about zombies? Look at an opioid addict... exactly what that is.

Comment

Working...
                      X