Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mikey Garcia beats Spence he is #1 P4P yeah?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
    No.

You have to beat a top 10 P4Per to be considered #1 IMO.
    In that case, the number 1 is vacant? None have beaten top 10 P4P.

In your scenario, Canelo would be number 1, that's if you had GGG in your top 10 at the time. I personally never did.

Comment

Originally posted by DaFan View Post
      In that case, the number 1 is vacant? None have beaten top 10 P4P.

In your scenario, Canelo would be number 1, that's if you had GGG in your top 10 at the time. I personally never did.

Spence is the truth IMO and will be a top 10 P4Per in the future he just doesn't have the resume right now.

I don't rate that Brook win that high considering he just had his face bashed in by Gennady Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
        Spence is the truth IMO and will be a top 10 P4Per in the future he just doesn't have the resume right now.

I don't rate that Brook win that high considering he just had his face bashed in by Gennady Golovkin.
        None of the current top 10 have beaten anyone ranked top 10 (aside from Canelo). So who is number 1?

Comment

Originally posted by DaFan View Post
          None of the current top 10 have beaten anyone ranked top 10 (aside from Canelo). So who is number 1?

Santa Cruz IMO, he beat Frampton when all the respected websites had him ranked in the Top 10.

2-10 is up for debate.

Comment

Garcia has beaten Zlaticanin, Lipinets, Easter, Broner, Salido, Roman Gonzalez. All former Champs. Any more former champs I missed?

Comment

I would think if he wins he will jump to #1 over all on most P4P lists. Almost everyone is giving him only two chances to pull it off, slim and none.

Comment

Of course he would, it would be the biggest win since Márquez stopped a semi prime Pacquiao!

If Spence were to have beaten Thurman, Porter and Danny Garcia then there easily would be no question that Mikey is #1!

But do to the circumstances and the severity of the disadvantages Mikey will be in, it still should merit him p4p1!

Spence can’t upgrade his resume cuz the competition in his division refuse to fight him or in Bud’s case, are in a different network!

Really wished Crawford would’ve at least considered Haymon’s offer!

Comment

Anybody else think Garcia in his 4th class beating Spence supersedes Crawford unifying with Indongo or beating Horn? Most say Horn was robbed, far from P4P or elite level as well. Indongo got lucky unifying with Burns... imo Garcia supersedes Crawford by far should he win

Comment

If he puts on a boxing masterclass, he rises to the top.

The winner of Garcia vs. Spence hopefully goes on to fight Crawford.

If that fight happens by 2020 the winner could become Fighter of the Decade.

Comment

Yes. As long as it's not a robbery on the cards or a cheap win on cuts or a lame DQ or something like that.

If he somehow can pull off a legit win over Spence then Mikey becomes P4P #1.
                      Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 12-30-2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X