No announcement yet.

Keith Thruman - Another "Boogey Man" Gets A Tase of his Own Medicine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    I'm not happy with Thurman. Another fighter crying about being ducked and using it as an excuse to fight bums.

Thurman and GGG have mastered this marketing gimmick.
    I don't care that Thurman doesn't want to fight Spence - it clearly doesn't make sense for him.

It's the hypocrisy from him and fans that gets me.

Thurman never saw it as "highly disrespectful" when he was shouting out bigger names when he was at Spence's level.

Comment

Thurman did say he would fight Spence next though...

Comment

Thread starter is correct. You'd think people would realise that most of these fighters are all about the pay day, high risk and low reward. Porter is a good example: he just got beaten by Kell Brook but wants that Mayweather pay day; if he had competitive pride he would be looking to avenge his loss.

Thurman is someone I don't really respect. Too many fighters have bought into their own hype. Find it laughable that he's talking about Mayweather not fighting young lions when Mayweather's body of recent work eclipses his own.

I wish fighters would focus on fighting who is in front of them, and accepting the big fight if it comes their way, rather than just expecting the big fight to land in their lap.

Comment

I think spence v thurman should marinate. Thurman should fight khan or brook by the end of the year. Floyd really likes spence and wants him in with the big boys already.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Keith Thurman - the so called "boogey man" of the 147lb division.

I remember a time he was shouting out all the big names when his best wins were the likes of Jan Zaveck. He said he wanted to kill Mayweather and then ran around the ring for 12 rounds against a guy who had a close fight with Frankie Gavin.

Now Floyd Mayweather trolls him by saying he should fight Erroll Spence and he takes it as being "disrespectful".

It's funny how when he was a young fighter coming up, he wanted the bigger names to throw him a bone but now he's made a name for himself, he won't throw Spence a bone? Why not fight him.

Ohhh yeeeah....because Spence isn't a big enough name and the risk/reward doesn't add up for Thurman just like he got told by the big names in the past. I actually like Thurman but doesn't that make him a complete hypocrite?

We've seen this happen time and time again. Paul Williams. Golovkin. Matthysse etc.

So will this "boogeyman" phenomenon finally stop?

People were saying Brook is ducking Thurman which made no sense in the first place considering their schedules and now Thurman is saying Brook should fight Mayweather

It's amazing how fans fall for all this bull**** hype talk.
            Spence shouldn't fight Thurman, his experience alone is too dangerous let alone his power. He also gets hit alot by c class fighters. It just isn't a good match up for him. In the future sure, not now.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
              Thurman did say he would fight Spence next though...
              and when Thurman batters Spence, Dirk's going to have a mental breakdown

Comment

who isn't an hypocrite in boxing in this days?

Comment

thurman's most immediate peers are brook and porter. those are the fights that should be made. spence jr still has one or two steps to make before he's on that level

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    I'm not happy with Thurman. Another fighter crying about being ducked and using it as an excuse to fight bums.

Thurman and GGG have mastered this marketing gimmick.
                    Chaves and Guerrero were legit opponents. That's an unpopular opinion but I think Bundu was also pretty legit, he beat easily the same guy Brook just fought, only difference was Bundu did it on point because he hasn't got Brook's power... I don't say he's better than Brook but was a legit opponent for Thurman. I don't defend the Collazo fight though...

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                      and when Thurman batters Spence, Dirk's going to have a mental breakdown
                      Why would that cause me to have a mental breakdown? I like both fighters but don't care who would win a potential fight between the two.

You operate at a remedial level of comprehension so you obviously didn't understand the thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X